Honest opinions; what do you think his intentions are?

I have been hanging out with this guy for about 6-7 years now. Great friends with him. We've also hooked up in the past and dated briefly. We have always been really close.
Recently he came forward and told me he loved me and said he was sorry for not being the man he deserved. I was flattered, naturally. I have had feelings for him since we began hanging out but I've never voiced them too thoroughly because he has always been a "not in it for a relationship" type of man. But he does know how I feel about him regardless.
We made plans to hang out tonight. Things fell through. That's where my red flag lies. Our plans almost never work out. He either makes other plans or I can't get the day off.
He's always telling me he misses me, wants to see me. Will text me when he sees something that reminds him of me or us. Always checking up on me to see how I am doing and if I am holding up okay (have a lot going on). He asks me how my kids are doing and what sports their into now. He's very attentive. Always has been. Even suggested we should get married awhile back even though he swears up and down he never wants to get married.
He's never been big on voicing his feelings or emotions. Will do almost anything to avoid that conversation. Even saying things like "I will never tell". When we are together he's never lovey. Big on cuddling and holding my hand. My friends think he simply has a commitment issue. What do you guys think?

What Guys Said 1

• I think he just wants to keep you around. This doesn't seem like a commitment issue to me.

• Alright, what should I do?

• Keep things as friends. You already dated and that didn't seem to work out. It's rare to be able to salvage a friendship after being that close..

What Girls Said 0