Could you get over your boyfriend telling you you have ugly tits?

Like could you let another guy see you naked again?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• To my understanding, a girl's sensitivity when it comes to her boobs is equivelent to a guy's sensitivity when it comes to his penis.

Our penis is something that we believe our entire masculinity, looks, and value as a man is dependent on. If it is insulted, it is crushing and its something that i personally would never get over. I would feel so inadequate, insecure, and depressed around my partner, that I'd never be the same with them again, and if i ever got into a new relationship it'd still haunt me. And I'm pretty sure its the same for most guys.

A HUGE portion of our self value is based on the size, appearance, and capabilities of our penis. If the comparison stated above is accurate, then I'm sure a woman would be equally crushed to hear such a thing about her breasts.

Most Helpful Girl

• Would I get over it? Eventually, but he would never get to see my chest again since it would probably make me question the relationship. I'm not sure why any man would think it's okay to tell his girlfriend or wife that any part of her body is "ugly." That's just disrespectful and unnecessary.

What Guys Said 15

• Well, if you kneed him in the nuts with all your might, I think it would help you get over it. And he deserves it! Byt the way, "Boyfriends do not do that. Assholes do."

• Iam so sorry a man has done this to you. It is actually unforgivable. I'd like to think he'd never get to see any woman's breasts again. Men like this don't deserve the pleasure of a woman's intimate company. Mostly because they have no idea what a few words can do to a woman's confidence.

Yes you can get over this but it will take the right sort of caring guy.

• Dump him. Every man should love and respect a woman he loves.

• Thanks. I find the two random guy down votes on this very invalidating but I appreciate your sentiment.

• That sounds dreadful - I would give relationship careful thought and if it ended I would not let an ex's poisoned view damage any future relationship.

• If my girlfriend called my penis ugly, I'd ask if she was teasing me or joking, if she meant it, ideally I couldn't care less, I'd just fuck her harder next we have sex. But I'd certainly look down on her each time we have sex and feel less attracted towards her personality which might end up in me dumping her and get bored with her. What he said was very hurtful, if you love him and he loves you maybe move on from what he said, but if he realy hurt you leave him... :)

• Your boyfriend said that to you? Wow, what a jerk.

I'd leave him if I were you. I don't think he's the type you'll be able to have a healthy relationship with. And besides, you'll find someone who truly appreciates you for you.

• Don't worry about it.

1) Even if they're ugly, he can't shame you on something you can't control.
    2) What he's taking for granted and considering ugly, someone else will appreciate it about you and tell you how much he loves them.
    3) Listen to the song that goes like "You are beautiful, no matter what they say".

• Will he ever get over it if you tell him his performance in bed is weak that you had better experiences in the past? What do you think? Saying shit like that to your SO may do some considerable damage to their esteem. They lean on you for support; a little restraint on an opinion on their physical appearance would be nice. Some women are emotionally fragile.

• I'm obviously not a girl but i vote 'A'

What is good for one is not for another and vice versa. There will be those out there who will love the same tits and find it irresistible :)

• Tell him he's got ugly bollocks. That'll show him.

• Bollocks are meant to be ugly. I suppose the equivalent is telling him he has a small dick. But I don't greet an insult with more insult.

• What, so they're ugly for evolutionary purposes? That's news to me

• Nah but it's only size that matters for balls.

• I'd never tell my girlfriend her boobs are ugly no matter what size or how they looked.

• I couldn't get over it.

• I would think that would be a great reason to let other guys see you naked

• I'm not exactly a glutton for punishment. I'm pretty but y boobs aren't perfect so guys are always disappointed even though I've been to several surgeons that tell me I don't need a breast lift. All they can do is make my areola smaller but they tell me they aren't too big. I'm just tired of letting q guy judge me all the time.

• Well... Why not tell the mean out of shape guy that he looks like shit? Assuming they are doing it to you?

• Well he knew he was out of shape but either way I'm not a cruel person. I can count the number of cruel things I've done on one hand and all were before I was 18.

I accept almost everyone as they are so I don't have an arsenal of insults loaded and waiting but even if I did it isn't my instinct to use them. I've known from an early age that words do indeed hurt more than sticks and stones and are harder to recover from.

It is just counterproductive to return the spit fire and once words are out you can't take them back. I could never say such harsh words to someone Yet alone someone I care for.

I've only ever had three men talk to me this way all exes but a small portion of the guys I've dated overall. Sure I could hurt them but that isn't me and I'd regret it. I've never wanted to be a person that makes someone else's life worse.

• That was really rude an insensitive of him. I do hope you get over it though.

• It's not like he told you that you have a small dick

• It kind of is...

• Boobs are part of your life even with clothes on everyone can see them. I hate boobs they get in the way and are ridiculous. Sleeping, running whatever it is I always resent having boobs.

• What does that have to do with different men's opinions of your breasts?

What Girls Said 13

• Seriously? Did he say that? That's horrible and I wouldn't like that one bit. What about his ballbag? Is that purdy?

• I guess if it was my husband I'm stuck with him. If it's a boyfriend I'd leave him.
    And no matter what he said in the future I'd never forget it.

• I did not because of this but other things. It still haunts me though. They weren't things he said to be hurtful they were things that I discovered because he'd be thinking out loud and I'd question what he said which would lead to well they aren't the most attractive but they look okay with a bra on. Even after I told him plastic surgeons said I didn't need anything he said of course they are going to say that. I'm like actually isn't it in their better interest NOT to say that? That way they can make money off me. They don't gain anything by telling me I don't need surgery.

• Your ex sounds like an idiot. I bet almost every other guy would love them.

• Even if I had a boyfriend he would have NO right to tell me that. And if he truly loved me he would love everything about me, so I would dump him for offending me like that just because I dont meet his preferences. I wouldn't go around telling him his dick is too small

• He's being mean just to be mean. I'd dump him. All boobs are great.

• All boobs aren't great but yeah I would never say anything about a guys penis and I can always find something to love about it.

• @llorando lol! gynomastocomia is a serious problem!

• I think the cause is a little more serious.

• I'd be hurt and insecure about them for the rest of my life. And I'd probably don't believe if anyone tried to convence me the otherwise.

• My boyfriend and any other good boyfriend wouldn't say shit like that. Dump his ass and find someone who appreciates what you have.

• I'd be very hurt by that lol. But I would get over it.

• I'd probably be crazy self conscious of my tits if s guy ever said that to me!! I'm sure I would get naked in front of another guy but I'd be more shy about it! Hopefully that never happens to me 🙈

• Tell him then maybe I should ask your best guy friend why he thinks of them

• yeah, my tits are small and not as perky as I'd like so it's all good. At least he's being honest.

• I'd say his balls are so ugly

• That sucks of him to say but just because he doesn't like them doesn't mean another guy won't like them.

I had an ex who told me I had weird nipples. Sure, it made me self conscious about them, and it took me 4 years to let another guy see them. My current boyfriend is obsessed with my nipples. He makes me feel amazing. It wasn't my ex boyfriend's cup of tea. But I'm glad I showed them to my current boyfriend.

• Yeah exactly it took you 4 years some men are just cruel or thoughtless. Your making yourself completely vulnerable to them and that is what they come back with. Thanks though. Rationally I know he was wrong but emotionally it's just terrifying. Any time you trust yourself with someone and they hurt you like that it leaves a scar.

• Sure. Just because one didn't like them, doesn't mean no one else would like them.