Do you think this is a good idea?

So I was talking to this bartender for a while and as I was leaving, I asked her if she wanted to see a movie she mentioned together. She said," I don't know. Maybe," then walked off. So I think it would be ironic and a little fun to go back and tell her when I'm undecided about something, I flip a coin and let it decide. Then I'll propose that I flip a coin and if it comes up heads, we go together; and if it's tails we don't. I'm not taking this seriously at all and am just having fun. So what do you all think?

• Sounds interesting
  • Waste of time

Most Helpful Girl

• When I tell a guy maybe that means no for me.

• I know. Part of why I want to mess with her is that it's a weak answer. Most guys would prefer tactful honesty.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I don't know, maybe" in girl language leans strongly towards "no". "I'll think about it" also tends to mean "no" unless it's like, "I'll think about it! You're cute! Here's my number", in which case it leans towards positive.

Coming back and proposing to flip a coin is probably going to make that situation really awkward.

Bartenders are also really difficult to pick up. They get male attention all day long. They strike up conversations not necessarily out of pure interest but also just because they're forced to stand behind a bar counter all day and as part of the job.

It's pretty ambitious to try to score with a bartender, especially one who already kind of gave you the cold shoulder. You're probably still in safe and friendly territory still, proposing to flip a coin is pushing it, and no one likes to be pushed into making a decision. Any ambiguity here is best taken to mean, "no".

What Girls Said 5

• Definitely not, I'd be dreading that if I were her

• Haha! I mean, I'm not going to literally walk up and do that. I'm going to talk with her a little and if she's giving me ok signs I'll bring it up in a fun, game-like way.

• You must have very strong reactions though to very small stimuli.

• That's a little pushy. She doesn't want to go.

• Total waste of time! Go ask another cute girl out, and stop wasting your time and thought over her!

• Waste of time. Really nonsense.

• Waste of time

What Guys Said 6

• Utter waste of time. Even if it's for 'fun', you're better off seeking other girls who are interested.

• I mean, I like the bar and it's close to a movie theater I go to a lot. She's not relationship-material anyway but her body is very hot and even though I don't like hookups, she's worth a hit and quit.

• Just make sure you buy a two headed coin, and if she catches you, tell her you believe in creating your own destiny.

• Ha! No, there's no fun if there isn't a risk of losing.

• I know. I like the bar and it's close to a theater I like going to. She honestly has no personality so I'm mainly interested in just hitting it. Nothing serious.

• As long as you are honest about it, I see no harm.

• She doesn't have high enough attraction to go out a movie with you thats why she subtly politely reject you. It's just plain waste of time

• Perhaps. It's not like I'm going out of my way to do it.

• Leave her alone, she's trying to earn a living and she has to refrain from telling people what she thinks of them in order to do that.

• Sorry, but if she walked off I think she probably wasn't interested.

• Why play with here its jackass'so like you that give the rest of us a bad name. Especially when you brag about it dick

• Calm down, old man. I doubt many people want to be associated with you.

• I'm sure I have a more active sex life then you Jr. And I think I'd rather be an "an old man" than a childish punk. Besides depending on where you live I probably in your mother before you came out