HELP!!! Guys, What Does This Even Mean?

I was seeing this guy in his mid 30's. He said some things that upset me, and I had let him know how I felt about it. He said he no longer want to pursue a romantic relationship and just wanted to be friends. I told him I really did not want to be friends with him and let it go. He kept insisting that we be friends and started saying, lets be friends and see if we have a better go at it. "Whatever that means" considering we were great except for that one thing. I have not spoken to him and deleted him off my social media. It has been about a week, and I got off work and he had sent me "goodmorning" in a text and a picture of himself. I am so damn confused about what he wants, he says one thing but says another. Someone please tell me what the heck is going on because I have no Idea.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• For me once you have been sexually intimate its not really possible to continue as friends. I'd say he's stringing you along to see if you'll be a friends with benefits. As we don't know what he did to upset you or what you said back its a little tough to gauge fully. Sorry hope I've helped.

What Guys Said 12

• Maybe he's playing you. Older guys know more how to twist younger women up. Playing hard to get is sometimes attractive to women. Saying he just wanted to be friends shows that he is not reliant on you and might make you want him more. Or perhaps he wanted to keep you as a friend as a means to get with you as a backup at some point or keep in contact with you as a means to possibly get an "in" with some of your 20 year old girl friends. That seems most likely to me. It explains why he was so somewhat desperate to remain friends. Like he had an agenda behind it, more than simply wanting to remain friends.

You're an attractive woman. I'd suggest reading up on all the theories on how to play women, that way you can recognize it if some guy tries to pull it on you. Of course, that said, don't make assumptions that every guy is doing the same thing if he does one thing that's similar to a play.

In any case, you took him off your media. Just stop responding to his texts, or better yet, just block the number.

• Just ignore him. As a guy if a girl says to me let's be friends ever it's game over and I know it. As I guy if I say lets be friends it means let's not be friends, go away. I think he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you and wants friends with benefits.

• He's playing games, he doesn't know what he wants with you.. I would just leave it. I hate people like that..

• He tried to manipulate you and it didn't work. He realized too late the mistake he had done and now is scared of losing you. Block that guy, find one who won't try to manipulate you...

• He wants a fuck buddy and nothing more. He's probably married or something. Dump him!

• You deleted him off your social media. Is it that difficult to block his number, too? It doesn't mean anything meaningful to you. It's his own insecurity that makes him do these things.

• He's playing with your emotions and probably wants you back. I wouldn't go back if I were you

• We were never even really together in the first place. That's the thing lol. We were friends with the intention of being more.

• Maybe by saying he doesn't want a romantic relationship buy still be friends portraying he might want to have a friend's with benefits situation? Lol I am not 100% but something he likes about you he wants. Otherwise he would of left it be.

• What you have here is a grown ass man getting played by a young woman. It's sad.

• It's not him, it's you. Check yo self before you reck yo self.

• Ummmm 😐
    tbh it looks like you're his second choice so I think it's time to move on 😶
    Got it?

• Depends on what he said to you that upset you.

• I'm inclined to think he wants to just be friends so he can force sex on you that you don't want. In other words, to take advantage of you. Like he has hidden intentions.. I've seen a lot of messed up stories on the internet, I kind of grew up on 4chan, and this guy strikes me as particularly bad. Don't send him any pictures in return, if he asks for nudes and you send them he will use them to blackmail you for more and sex. Be careful...