How do I start a conversation with him?

Ok so I'm a senior in high school and I was bored one day on Instagram so I browsed a couple of profiles and I came across this cute Guy's profile and requested to follow him and he followed me back. We don't know each other and he lives in the state next to mines. He is friends with college kids who attend my church, and he's very intertwined in the Vietnamese church system (and so am I). The thing is, I think he's in his early 20s but honestly age doesn't matter to me that much. I'm really mature for my age and I've dated older guys before. I don't know why I feel very inclined to talk to him/get to know him better. I found his Facebook but we only have 1 mutual friend. Should I just risk it and add him then message him? What should I say to him? Would "hey sorry this is super random, but I came across your insta and I don't know why I feel inclined to talk to you" sound creepy? Thanks so much I really want to know him better :/

• Message him!
  • Do not message him

Most Helpful Guy

• Im not sure. Usually i would detest any of this as a mere infatuation, for you do not know this man. However, if i were to provide you with advice i would state the following in order of prefer-ability.
    1. Look to meet him at an event
    2. Ask to be introduced to him by one of your friends.
    3. Message him asking about a certain function. If he is, lets say president of the youth in action group at his church (I just made that up), contact him asking if he has any suggestions for you as president of your youth in action group. You could pretty much ask anything but some ideas would be things such as lesson plans or activities your group could do. As you develop a mentor - disciple relationship you can continue to grow your relationship.

*Warning, #3 is extraordinarily creepy and strongly urged against*

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont know, you sound like me when I was your age. And I usually played on instinct, I can tell you my story and you decide from there.

There used to be this supermarket by my house and there was this handsome guy working there, I would see him when I would shop there and one day I just said "let me find him on the internet" ... so I did, I found him on Facebook, I didn't know him and he didn't know me or how I looked like, we had no mutual friends AT ALL. One day I message him - I dont quite remember what I told him but I know I said "Hey, I've seen you around your job from time to time and I think you're really cute (I was 19 back then), and Id like to get to know you better if thats okay, I said I know how we dont know each other but I still would like too". He responded, I dont know how you look like, so we agreed on to meet on the day he worked, just to say hello. I came to buy ice cream and he rung me up and saw how I looked like. His message on Facebook says he would like to stay friends and friends only because he wants to date his own. I just dont think he liked how I looked like. He let me down gently.

I dont know if that'll help you, but you decide. My outcome came out terrible, which I wasn't expecting. So yeah... hopefully yours is better.

What Guys Said 7

• Creepy, don't do it

• Always remember one thing ,

Embarrassment lasts 5 minutes, regret lasts forever.

• Message him

• What should I say?

• Something like "hey we dont know each other but I think you're really cute and would like to get to know you. My name is..., so, well, hi :)"

• Lmao that'd be super creepy if someone would message me that

• Lol yeah... What should I say then?

• I am senior in high school too but if there's chick like that I'd wanna make move in, Id like her few pics and message her on insta like hey do I know yoi? And then tell her how she know my friends and continue from there. This is really easy lol

• you say HI

• Message him some Nudes, and write come take me Big Boy

• message me instead ;)

What Girls Said 3

• Message him... We have One mutual friend.
    Begin with this and don't Overthink This... Everything, if he is Interested, will flow with joe.
    "Hi, how are you? I can across your insta, and realized here, we Have a mutual friend on Facebook.. I also know that we share other things with you being friends with college kids who even go to my own church.. message me back if you want to."
    Social media sites are for meeting and greeting New people, Not 'Creepy' at all, if handled with kid gloves.
    Good luck. xx

• Message him.
    But how old are you?

• Haha what should I say though? And I'm 17, turning 18 this year.

• Okay, at least thats more acceptable. I would have had a heart attack if you were 15.

I think your message seems weird.
      You can say something like, "I was browsing instagram and you caught my attention. Id love for the opportunity to get to know you more."

• Just message him and tell him that you think he's cute while wanting to get to know him better.