Talking to an older man... EVERYTHING is GREAT... especially the sex... but there's one thing bothering me?

This man is 20 years older than I am! Don't judge! He's very Christian Grayish... sexy, fit and super sweet. Everything is great.. especially the sex... but the one thing bothering me is him calling me "cutie" or "cutie pie" in text messages as if I'm his daughter... it kind of grosses me out. I don't like it at all but am not sure how to tell him without being too rude or mean...

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him you don't like it

Most Helpful Girl

• People don't really respond well to you telling them something they thought was endearing and sweet, is grossing you out. I mean, would you? Just start calling yourself something else in your texts back or tell him what you'd like to be called because it makes you feel really good to hear that nickname. Maybe he'll get the hint, but even if he doesn't, don't let it spoil what you describe as a good thing.

What Guys Said 15

• People use different affections to call their SO. Their popularity comes and goes. Calling someone cutie pie used to be more common, so I wouldn't read anything into it, other than it's just the affection he uses. However if you don't like it, next time he does it, just tell him directly that you don't like it. It shouldn't be a big deal to him at all.

• Well just ask him why does he treat you like a child etc. I'm sure he doesn't mean to patronize you but when I love / like someone a lot I tend to call her similar names but by no means do I treat her as such. I treat her as a mature individual :)

• literally just say "Hey, I don't like being called that."... It's really that simple.

• Cutie or cutie pie sound fine to me. I dont see anything incest about it. Very common SO names. But if it really bothers you that much then just simply talk to him. You are both mature enough to be able to communicate if you going to want the relationship to continue, communication has to be a part of it as well as honesty

• No problem with a younger one seeing an older one. Most of society sees an issue with that which the asshole prudes have YET to prove what is wrong with it if it works! Tell him tactfully. Respectfully aproach the issue with plain English like in your GAG question here... But in person. Not a text!

• just be straight up. he'll appreciate it. just leave out the makes me feel like your daughter part. Just say "I don't like you calling me that" and that should be all he needs for explanation. If not just say because you think the word is ugly or something girls do that all the time.

• Just say "would you mind calling me something else. I've never liked being called cutie or cutie pie." You won't sound rude and he won't get butt hurt. Or at least he shouldn't.

• Just say that your dad or your ex used to call you that and you would rather not be reminded of it.

• Lol. People and their Fifty Shade fantasies. Sigh.

• Stop calling him Daddy :) But, that sounds kinda weird... like creepy

• welcome to the world of dating older men.

• you just simply tell him use honey or whatever you like instead of cutie

• he's robbing the cradle, she's robbing the grave... id sock this pedophile hard as fuck

• I think you're projecting. I have not heard many guys call their daughter cutie pie, relative to how many i've heard call their partner it.

But if it bothers you, just say so. It's not that big a deal

• he's a poor man's christain grey lol

What Girls Said 7

• Then tell him in a joke

• I find it his use of words weird because of his age. My dad would never call me cutie or cutie pie, so I find that part of your post as little weird

• Lol I say tell him, be direct but not critical about it and just say it is not your preference. Although I do find it creepy, but you do so you should let him know :)

• My husband calls me that... My dad would never call me that.

• sounds like a pedophile im sorry but 20 years girl u r in danger

• Please she is in her 30s, she isn't a child!

• As you get older, you'll understand being judged isn't so much of a big deal. When you move out of high school, you will begin to see what the real dating world is like outside of just high school. People will start to date outside of their age groups, pretty soon your friends will be married and having kids, etc. The real world begins when you're out of high school. That's when "you" start to really grow.

• @snowboarder720 k am not in hugh school om in university and i am dating a guy years older than me so yes i can understand a bit

• Just tell him you don't like him calling you that it makes you feel like he is talking to a child.

• Just tell him you would prefer him calling you something else and just suggest a name.