Guys, do you mind if a girl swears a lot?

I personally don't like it when girls swear. It's so unladylike.

• I like it.
  • I don't mind it.
  • I hate it.
  • I'm a girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, of course, a woman who swears a lot is highly unappealing to me.

• Are you serious?

• I agree. I'm disappointed to see a lot women in this society have much more horrendous attitudes than ever before.

• But, see, if you have that attitude, that makes it 10,000 times more effective when you DO finally drop an f-bomb.

Ya know?

Like, my daddy is one of those people who's always tongue-in-cheek about everything, all the time. Everything's a punch line. So, when he gets serious, oohhhh boy you KNOW it's goin' down.

Same kinda thing with the swear words. They're dynamite.
      If dynamite is used promiscuously (in the original sense of "promiscuous"), it just destroys things. But, if used carefully and precisely, dynamite can level mountains, dig tunnels, and lay railroads all the way across continents.
      It's not for nothing that they're called f-bombs.

What Girls Said 13

• I agree when girls fucking swear so goddamn fucking much it just really fucking pisses me off because those dumb bitches don't realize how fucking unladylike they are being seriously ladies if you have some fucking class then stop your shitty fucking swearing fuck me.

• I swear a lot. So, I don't f*cking give a f*ck what a guy f*cking thinks of it. I will f*cking do whatever the f*cking f*ck I want to f*cking do.

• Hello dyke.

• I like that @op, but is "fuck" the only swear word you know?

• No. It's just my favorite word. :) I say all of the curse words all the time. When greeting my best friend I always call him the degrading term of "b*tch" whether it be texting him or talking to him in person. I have a very... colorful mouth, haha. @Polisario

• I don't swear around kids or in a professional environment, only in casual situations with friends and people I am comfortable around. I warned my boyfriend right away that I would swear more when I get more comfortable around him and to just let me know if he wants me to swear less. He says it's refreshing that I swear and it doesn't bother him a bit. I've had guys it has bothered though - which is ironic because they swear. If a guy doesn't swear I get it if it bothers him when a girl does. But if he does? Lol

• I always found it hilarious that someone me having a vagina makes saying fuck so much more offensive and unladylike. I get not cussing in front of children or in certain social situations but honestly what's the big deal if you drop a "shit" or a "fuck" in casual conversation? They're just words with real, otherwise unoffensive meanings.

I can cook, clean, bake like your grandmother, and take care of kids while putting on my red lipstick for the day ( #thatnannylife ) and I still say fuck.

Damn my femininity is just destroyed. Oh well, better date a guy who isn't so sensitive to be bothered by a few naughty words I guess.

• Wtf. That's sexist. Just because society put up a certain image women 'have to follow' you think it's 'unladylike' ? Da fuck? Swearing is a human thing to do, and a sign of intelligence at that.

• Sexist because I don't like women with bad manners?

It is definitely not a "sign of intelligence", it shows bad manners and immaturity. But you're 15 years old, so of course you wouldn't be aware of that.

• It's cute when a 15 year old girl believes in everything she sees on the internet. It completely shows your high immaturity level.

• I expected to hear that, and I repeat: age doesn't define you. There are plenty of smart people and plenty of dumb people, all in different age groups and some may be smarter than others. Age doesn't matter. Now, how would I show you an article in an actual paper? Please do tell me, i'd love to know. Articles online can be just as fine as articles irl. You saying 'i'm immature' makes you the immature one, you're insulting a fifteen year old on a freaking internet site.

• I see so far there are 10 other #adhdgirls who didn't bother to read all of the answer options.

Awww yeah.

I mean... Fuck yeah.
    (:

• I don't really swear it doesn't come naturally at all, unless I'm extremely angry, even then I don't tend to swear.

• not if she swqears with spunk. like me. i can swear but i dont swear at kids parks or schools or work i work at bk and i try to not swear but they dont have a rule against it but my boyfriend dont mind that i swear becuz i am cute ehen i swear

• Um.

I personally believe there's a time to swear and there's a time to keep it to a bare minimum. Big public places, usually around young children and around more professional settings are the top places I would say to keep the swearing to a minimum or not at all.

There's plenty of other words you can use to expresses your frustration.

:\

• I swear quite often but only with friends. Mostly with male friends. Is that bad?

• It associates with bad manners and immaturity.

• @Rawrzz lmao that's one of the truest comments.

• @Rawrzz lol I salute you

• I don't fucking care who swears, or if someone has a problem that I do.

• Which shows you are ill-mannered.

• I do not cuss a lot, very rarely and usually just in private. As a working professional, I don't want it to accidentally slip out.

• I swear sometimes I don't really care if people don't like it. I am not going to change myself to please others 😁 I am a proud bitch 😜

• You are very immature.

What Guys Said 30

• Doesn't bother me at all, I swear like a sailor. It's not even really swearing for me, it's part of my native dialect, haha. Fun fact about people from Boston: we throw "fahkin' " around all over the place, in the manner you normally would, or even kind of randomly. It's even a pause word. Where someone would go "ummm..." if they were thinking or searching for a word, I might say "fahkiiiiiiiinnnnn..." Like someone would say "Hey whose car is that?", and I'd say "oh, it belongs to that kid, whats-his-name, Sully's friend... fahkiiiiinnnnn... JIMMY!"
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSRVy91LPVE

• Define 'ladylike'.

Cos I think the ladies in the world probably have a better idea than any of us man-folk.

• It's simple. A woman who is polite, well bred and has good manners.

Sounds like you're sucking up to women here just to get their approval of yourself.

• @Rawrzz That's exactly, what I said. "Well bred" unlike yourself. So you just get yourself mad behind a computer screen and typing foul language, which just shows your immaturity.

• Hmmm. Well, I don't REALLY know how you BREED women, but I'll roll with it. The other two just mean the same thing. It seems that ladylike is, by your definition, polite. Which is very... basic? Not quite the word I'm looking for.
      And of course I suck up to women. I suck up to everyone. I'm a guy who likes it when people are happy. But in this case, I still think the ladies know what ladies are like better than us. Which is, BY DEFINITION, what 'ladylike' means - like a lady. Which is simply a polite way of saying woman (unless we're going into titles, in which case who cares? Blood is blood, whether a peasant's or a lord's).
      My point still stands.

• Yeah, it's very unattractive. Girls mouths these days. Geez. They sound like guys a lot of the times.

• I find it fairly unattractive.

• God I love this woman. "Ladylike? I'm WEARING A FUCKING DRESS!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlDjFn60rrI

• I hate it and it's a turn off

• It really depends on the girl. How much she swears and why. I don't mind playful swearing. But a good example would be this one girl I dated a while back would get so mad and just curse in anger at everything. It was a huge turn off.

• I love women who swear. <3

• Mind me asking why?

• It's different. It shows a woman can say whats on her mind without fear. Can be quite arousing in certain circumstances.

• Swearing too much and swearing correctly are two different things. People need to be taught how to swear.

• Personally, I fucking hate when people swear. It shows a hell of a lack of vocabulary.

• I fully agree. The immaturity of the girls' comments on this question definitely proves your point.

• I don't mind it.

• Swearing 24/7 isn't classy in my opinion. I don't even swear much myself when I'm sober.

• Very unsexy, I hate it. One of my biggest turn offs.

• you mean ''over doing it''? then yes.

• I don't like it except during sex.

• I am indifferent toward it. I don't really swear much myself unless I am extremely angry, in which case it is an incessant barrage of F-bombs.

• If someone's swearing all the time then that makes them like me, someone who was offended by me swearing wouldn't be able to be around me.

• It's not that attractive. I knew one girl who could pull it off but that's it and she was ladylike in every other way so I overlooked it probably for that reason.

• I LOVE a woman with a mouth like a sailor!

• Ladies need to swear very sparingly (well, really so should guys too..). If every other word coming out of a girls mouth is a swear word, they just seem much less classy (and borderline trashy) to me (and therefore less attractive). But everyone swears at least a little, so that is OK..

• I don't mind, as long as it is not too much

• i don't mind it

• I don't mind it if there is a good reason to swear

• Why is it bad manners? For me a girl abusing is a major turn on and i try to make conversation with her as soon as possible. The reason behind this may be that i swear a lot.

• Unfortunately these kinds of girls make us think that there's no difference between them and prostitutes concerning communication! So i prefer girls who have a soft touch than those acting like whores!

• i swear a lot so i dont really care either way lol

• It's not nice when a girl swears regularly.

• I love it, I have a dirty mouth myself so I think it's co!

• I don't give a damn about it, it doesn't bother me at all. never has.

• Existing not living I feel bad for whoever is your partner