Guys, I like a guy a lot but he won't date me because he's my brothers best friend and he says that makes it too hard. What should I do?

I've liked this guy for a really long time and he recently started to show interest and it showed so my family asked me what was up and I told them that he and I liked each other and they all like him and they approve, even my brother! He says he likes me but he is my brothers best friend and he says that he makes it too hard so when we talk he compliments me but that's it and I told him I don't know where we stand and he said "your brother just makes it hard" and it didn't explain anything! I don't know if I'm supposed to continue trying to prove to him that it will be worth it or if he lowkey doesn't want my brother to be okay with it so he just says that and I should just give up. Help me please :(

2

What Guys Said 2

• If it doesn't work out with him and you then two relationship is ruined and since he values his friendship with your brother, he won't ever date you even though he was just being nice about saying he likes you. I should know, I experience this myself and my relationship with my friend and his sister got ruined the day we ended up our relationship.

• Get him to ask your brother permission or for your bro to talk to him. That's kind of how the guy code works, you have to ask the brother for permission of you're friends with them, and you said your brother already approves so that'll help.