True or False--A girl's badboy experience is a woman's right of passage?

I feel like it's true. I've been some girls badboy experience. I've been the good guy after a girl's badboy experience but it seems like every girl wants/needs one out of her system.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm done with bad boys. I'd rather have a good boy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most do they just won't admit to it.

• I feel like most guys get stuck with the bad girl who turns good just for him. She was wild and easy for the bad boy and then becomes more guarded and inhibited with the stable reliable guy.

• i agree. i wasn't expecting them to be so coy about it

What Girls Said 15

• Ew what? No

• nope! I love bad girls! hahah

• Good pic- I'm leaning towards yes, but I'd need to know what you define as a "bad boy".

• @Pavlov 're: @bandit74 's reply - whoa whoa...

I asked you to define bad boy, and you did not respond to clarify. Of course your answers will be ambiguous if we're left to assume.

A lofty definition isn't sufficient when you're asking if it's a rite of passage, meaning almost every girl goes through it.

Most women probably think of a bad boy as a bad ass- cig smoking, trouble making, dangerous. If a bad ass is your definition, then no. Heck, I've never been with a true bad ass.

If your definition is a bad boy who is no good to her, then I'd say yes, especially if he's a lost soul (as insinuated by your pic, that well be the exception, his salvation).

If you asked if every girl LiKES a bad boy, again, different question.

Be specific. Coy my ass xD

• Ah it was you!

I had an orange notification for a mention but I couldn't see who it was from so I had to go through everyone who Im following to see who mentioned me.

• I guess... Its just a journey or way of finding what guy is the right one for you. I think guys go through the same. I've been some guys bad girl, but also a good girl for some 😜

• i agree... its weird how you can be such different things to diff people

• ... Right of passage to what... adulthood? The dating world?
    Girls do like their bad boys though. I'm pretty sure the appeal is that he's turning his life around and making an effort just for her - he's like a present or something, just for her. It makes her special and everyone knows how girls like to be special. That said, portions of the female population are perfectly content to completely skip the "bad-boy" phase. But then some girls might think they need this phase to better appreciate having the good guy later on.

• both... they get screwed over or disappointed by a really bad guy or two or three and then date more or less normal guys.

• Ha! I'm a bad girl, and I want a good boy ;)

• True... but mine was so awful that i almost ruined my life over it. But im glad i went through it because it made me grow up and realize the type of guy i need to be happy in a relationship.

• exactly. I don't know why other guys are so hurt that a girl had to go through a badboy. i mean i guess i get it but it's petty. everyone has to learn... everyone's young and stupid once...

• lol that makes it sound more noble than it is

• Well, it is noble to care for someone enough to want the best for her... but there comes a point where a good guy, no matter how much he cares for a girl who chose someone else, needs to go, "ok, she made her choice, so i need to move on."

• I would definitely say true.

• Not me. I only date good guys.

• There's like no bad boys anymore just pretty fuckboys that think they're bad.

• I guess that's kinda true... I dated a bad boy once... He was my first boyfriend, he smoked weed and then got drunk and raped me... So I went

• define bad boy?
    abusive? aggressive? disrespect?

• super bad influence, mean, but also loving even while he's throwing away his life and putting you down a dangerous path

• lol why I should I have that? :P
      I never did like a guy like that yet.
      maybe sometime I would just because I ll have a need to help him/fix him.

• Hmm I'd have to say that's true lol

• I don't think I've ever been with someone who fit nicely in the bad boy or good boy category.

• No, I've never had one and never will, because I'm not dumb. I'd prefer not to get fucked over, thanks.

What Guys Said 4

• I think you could swap good/bad randomly in these sentences and it might still ring true with a number of people. Don't care for these kinds of things, they try to convey a universal truth with words like "every girl" and "every boy" when you can easily find exceptions to the rule.

• I think the whole idea of this is disgusting. Are we supposed to be grateful when they come back after they chose some manslut and had their fun?

• It's unfortunate, but some girls are just so used to being treated poorly that they don't know that they are with a terrible person. Can you really be disgusted by a girl who really had no idea what she was getting into? I guarantee, any woman who finally discovers that there is such thing as a good guy who would never mistreat her and she truly has a change of heart, will be a treasure.

• @winkwink89 sorry but there are so many guys who won't treat a girl like shit that when one walks willingly into the arms of someone who is obviously not decent I can't feel any empathy for her. Don't act like it's impossible to know. Most of the time it is obvious to everyone who is paying attention.

And that's looking past the fact that many girls knowingly and happily go looking for those guys when they want to get laid, as if they are the only option worth considering.

• I understand that

• well regardless of how women feel about it , iam not gonna be the great decent guy she's waiting for after she has tried every single position with her badboy , no thatsnot my thing i pass.

• I stay away from girls that used to be into bad boys. Even if they are over them now. I just think that if they wanted a bad boy for fun and then a nicer dude for stability later on then they just see men as tools for their convenience and I'd rather not be seen that way.