How much does height matter in relationships?

I'm 4"8 and my crush is 6'2. Height obviously won't stop me from dating him or anything. I just want to know, does that much of a difference look ridiculous? I've seen many people say that over 1 foot difference is too much and I wanted opinions. (When standing next to him I reach a lower than his shoulder, like the pic)
How much does height matter in relationships?
Also, if anyone can, tips on how to hug him/people taller than me?

Updates:
Would guys date me if my height makes me look like a 12 yr old?
Need opinions :)

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, that guy looks like a giant compared to you! (No offense). Suddenly I got a picture in my head of Khal Drogo and Daenerys.

But I have a few friends who are really tall like this, and somehow they always preferred really short girls. I have three big guy friends over six feet and all of their wives are like 5'2 or shorter, it's kind of a funny picture.

I'm opposite -- I'm short, being only 5'7, but I love tall women. Yet I think if I actually dated a tall woman over six feet tall and holding her hand on the street, it would bruise my male ego a bit holding hands with this hulking figure (I might look like a kid in comparison).

For a girl I think it's totally fine. He can probably pick you up with one arm if he wants a hug or bend down.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm hardly much taller than you and I don't think it should put you off at all :) It probably does look a bit funny but not in a bad way. Go for it :)

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• why does it matter if it "might look ridiculous". who gives a fuck, if you two are happy thats all that should matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • It really shouldn't matter if you like the person. I'm short and have dated a girl 6 inches taller.
    She was leggy 👌

1|0
    0|0
  • I am 6'3 and personally find tall chicks attractive so yea that's way too short for me but 4'8 is like below pecs

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm short and being with tall girls is fine by me. The only issue I have is getting used to looking up at them. I hate just not looking at them because I don't want to turn my head up. Other than that it's not weird or strange or w/e.

As far as hugging the taller person just has to reach down. Don't rush it though because you two can run into each other. Just take your time into the hug.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• for me i don't mind at all. if i had a man that tall id still feel pretty cute next to him. there's nothing ridiculous about it.

1|0
    0|0