How much does height matter in relationships?

I'm 4"8 and my crush is 6'2. Height obviously won't stop me from dating him or anything. I just want to know, does that much of a difference look ridiculous? I've seen many people say that over 1 foot difference is too much and I wanted opinions. (When standing next to him I reach a lower than his shoulder, like the pic)
Also, if anyone can, tips on how to hug him/people taller than me?

Would guys date me if my height makes me look like a 12 yr old?
Need opinions :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, that guy looks like a giant compared to you! (No offense). Suddenly I got a picture in my head of Khal Drogo and Daenerys.

But I have a few friends who are really tall like this, and somehow they always preferred really short girls. I have three big guy friends over six feet and all of their wives are like 5'2 or shorter, it's kind of a funny picture.

I'm opposite -- I'm short, being only 5'7, but I love tall women. Yet I think if I actually dated a tall woman over six feet tall and holding her hand on the street, it would bruise my male ego a bit holding hands with this hulking figure (I might look like a kid in comparison).

For a girl I think it's totally fine. He can probably pick you up with one arm if he wants a hug or bend down.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm hardly much taller than you and I don't think it should put you off at all :) It probably does look a bit funny but not in a bad way. Go for it :)

What Guys Said 4

• why does it matter if it "might look ridiculous". who gives a fuck, if you two are happy thats all that should matter.

• It really shouldn't matter if you like the person. I'm short and have dated a girl 6 inches taller.
    She was leggy 👌

• I am 6'3 and personally find tall chicks attractive so yea that's way too short for me but 4'8 is like below pecs

• I'm short and being with tall girls is fine by me. The only issue I have is getting used to looking up at them. I hate just not looking at them because I don't want to turn my head up. Other than that it's not weird or strange or w/e.

As far as hugging the taller person just has to reach down. Don't rush it though because you two can run into each other. Just take your time into the hug.

What Girls Said 1

• for me i don't mind at all. if i had a man that tall id still feel pretty cute next to him. there's nothing ridiculous about it.