He kissed me at a party, messaged me for a while, but is he interested?

At a party I heard that a very popular good looking boy was attracted to me, and I ended up kissing him a bit. We then texted for a couple of days and he was invited to a party at mine tomorrow. He is apparently 'terribly shy' and 'won't do anything unless I do it first', I don't know how true that is because others say if he truly likes you he will text first. yesterday I had to text him first and today he hasn't messaged me at all. I worried that he's got to know me and now decided he's not interested because I'm a bit of a geek. I wondered whether I should be worried?

• Interested and shy
  • Not interested

What Guys Said 1

• NEITHER, he is interested. Why is it so hard for women to text first? THEN WOMEN WANT EQUALITY!!!

What Girls Said 1

• I think it can go both ways. But I'm pretty sure that by kissing him you have OK'd him so it's pretty strange that he'd still be hesitant about what you are feeling. Dating and all that should come from both sides so if he always expects you to initiate then likely he's not interested. Even shy guys will go for someone if they sense the other person is also feeling it.

• Yeah we had never spoke before then really, I know that sounds awful, but it was just because we were at a party, but yeah he just hasn't replied to a message I sent so I can see that this may not be going anywhere sadly