Guys: do you understand why, to girls, age of their significant other matters?

As in they don't like him to be a lot older or a lot younger than them...

• I get it...
    73% (11)48% (19)55% (30)Vote
  • I don't get the hype.
    27% (4)52% (21)45% (25)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
0|13

Most Helpful Guy

• It always seems to be either older or younger but not to often the same age.
    I have never really understood it but women are not easily understood.
    I would like to date someone over/under within 3/7 years of me.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• I have no idea why! I too have certain preferences regarding the age of women I'd date, and I don't know why either1 :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I don u derstand why you clearly generalise when it's really a personal choice. Why do YOU want a guy your age? If I remember, not long ago, you were asking about a guy who is younger than you and you seemed at least interested but the age was bothering you. Why?

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha All the women I know don't want a guy who is more than 5 years older or younger than them. Literally all of them.
      That's why the 'generalization'...

• Show All
    • Not among my social circles...

• Oh, sorry, you were talking in general... Of course they exist... But I was talking about normal relationships... that had nothing to do with materialistic gain. Just love.

• I dunno. It's never been a big issue as long as it's not approaching treble figures. I like all sorts of women of all sorts of ages. It just happens. They either appeal or they don't. I don't carry around a ten page questionnaire for every potential woman who catches my eye. I listen more to my instincts and what my guts say than what my brain does. Overthinking is so overrated. I don't understand people who put artificial barriers and restrictions on their lives and worry about shit all the time. You only live once. Nobody gives a shit about who others are sleeping with except for the no-lifers with nothing better to do

0|0
    0|0
  • Really? In my experience him being younger than her is an absolute no-no. He HAS to be same age or older.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, although maybe not all girls think like that...
    An important reason could be that an older guy could take a younger girl for pleasure whereas other people may say the young girl takes "grandpa" for his money :o

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand why most of the time a guy 'must' be older than the woman. Feels like an incredibly arbitrary qualification.

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess all the gals out there dating older or younger just didn't get your memo, You should resend it.

0|1
    0|0
  • In my family, a age gap of 10 years was something well within reason, 15 or so was a bit out there.

So I'd be in the pool that doesn't understand the issues with 5 to 10 year gaps. Cept for maturity I reckon, but age doesn't always determine that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop crushing my dreams with the 21 year old!

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls usually want a guy that is their age or 1-5 years older that's my observation

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh, I wouldn't date a teeny bopper or an old granny so I get it! hahahahahahha

0|0
    0|0
  • I recall it being more of an individual choice.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.