Am I a bad person?

For wanting a attractive girlfriend

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 19

• Not at all. You need to be physically attracted to someone to have a relationship with them. Yes personality counts too but if you weren't physically attracted to them you'd just be friends- And we all have a different idea of what we find physically attractive! Usually when I show people a picture of my boyfriend they're like "Yeah he's okay", "He's alright" But I think he's cute.

We can't control who we find attractive, it just happens, it's human nature. absolutely nothing to feel bad about.

I used to be close friends with a nice guy I got on well with and people said we should go out but I just didn't find him physically attractive.

Then I became friends with another nice guy I got on well with, and who I found physically attractive and now we are boyfriend and girlfriend.

• Am I a bad person?
    Not in my opinion as I find most males want an attractive partner above all else regardless of what he himself looks like.

I think one may be considered a 'bad person' if they insult, degrade, and rant about gals being shallow while he himself wants an attractive gal. Or if he is hypocritical and wants gals to give him a chance or see past his weight/ugliness/baldness/height while himself wants an attractive gal.

• Nope go cry me a river.

• That's what everyone wants! Physical attraction is required for a relationship being able to work. If you reject someone because you don't find them attractive, it's ok, that's a very reasonable reason. If you don't feel attracted, maybe other person will. Attraction is subjective.

• No that's okay but if that's all you like about a girl then yes. And if you'd ever dump your girlfriend because you found someone prettier that is interested in you, double yes.

• Nope. I just had this conversation with my boyfriend the other day, I'm also a really blunt person though so I don't know if it's rude or not haha; but I told him I don't think I could be with someone that wasn't good looking. (As I told him how good looking he is lol) I don't feel shallow about it, because it's kind of hard to be with someone and see them everyday when you don't find hem attractive.. That's the way I look at it anyway. But everybody is attractive to somebody! I could think someone is butt face ugly and another girl could think he is the best looking man in the world. Just remember that lol.

• no i wouldn't say bad j once you like a person for who they are you will see them attractive in the outside .. meant girl once you like a girl or a guy you ae interested in

• It's more of you want a girl who you are physically attracted to. And your preference is the "really pretty" type.

• No of course not unless you look like a Rocky Dennis jabs the hut hybrid then your just a douche nozzle.

• I am ugly

• Its still not a capital crime and you can hardly be blamed the way culture places primordial importance on external beauty your just being honest which is a plus.

• being sexually attracted to someone is important in a relationship I don't blame you for wanting that

• Not necessarily... now if you "only date hot chicks" or whatever and not give other girl a chance just because they're not attractive then that's shallow

• Well truthfully I want a attractive girlfriend but can't get any girl

• Lol no. You have to be attracted to the girl you're dating on some level

• Of course not.

• Well no... but are you good looking too?

• Nah, physical attraction is important in a relationship.

• Nah, but make sure you look for personality as well as looks.

• Honestly if anyone said they don't care about what their date looks like they are lying. Everyone has a different view of what they find "Attractive" so it doesn't make you a bad person.

• no, ofcoarse not

• Yes, you are indeed a horrible person, for that reason alone.

• You guys need to relax a little bit.

• I'm not attractive

What Guys Said 15

• I would be more afraid of the guy who wants an unattractive girlfriend (as in a girl *he's* not attracted to whatsoever).

Only thing is that young guys tend to idolize like the most popular and attractive girls, like the prom queen, e. g. That's not a good way to get a date to set your sniper rifle sights on one girl, and especially not one so widely sought-out. That is, unless you're like the prom king.

So it's kind of bad to say, but I think there's like a ladder you have to climb if you want to have a chance to date the most beautiful women. They'll have a lot of suitors all the time. You have to be able to look at yourself and find a way to be more charming and appealing than them, and that's not an easy thing to do unless you've been with some women, know how to be confident, treat the opposite sex as fellow humans and not goddesses to drool over, etc.

It's better if you're just looking for a reasobly-attractive girlfriend to start. You might even end up falling madly in love with her even if she doesn't look like a supermodel. If not, and things don't work out, you'll be better equipped to try to approach a supermodel.

• Why would you think or feel that you are a bad person for wanting an attractive girlfriend?

You can't really change how you feel or think about what you want. If you feel that is what you like or want then that's what you desire, how would that be wrong or make you a bad person? If I remember correctly, attraction is NOT a choice.

Really, why would you even worry or care whom or what others think or judge you for this?

• You're a bad person to the degree too which you harm your girlfriend by leading her on.

If you intend to be with her but you have this desire that you do not act upon, and you continue to treat her well and respectfully then there's no harm and no evil.

If you treat her disrespectfully or intend to dump her when someone better comes along, then you are acting with evil intent.

• Well its wishful thinking cause I'll never get to have one that's why I just have to settle for watching other people get them

• I'm not attractive though

• Girls find money and power and accomplishments attractive.

• 'attractive ' can mean so many different things. Everyone prefers the girl to who he's attracted.

• Everyone wants attractive partners.

• No you are a normal person.

• But it seems there's a emphasis put on looks

• Not at all. It's a very natural thing and being attracted to someone is a big part of a relationship. ;)

• I am actually not sure, you've stumped me with this question, I'll go run the algorithms and do the calculations in a moral spectrum, I'll tell you the result in a few minutes.

• There are over 30 variables in the equation, with over 100 expressions each, so it will take a while for me to get the true value.

• Okay, the results were easily established, the equation totaled as a double negative which defaults to a positive value within neutral parameters and so it is acceptable on a moral level to decide what you like/dislike, if people fall bellow the optimal standard set by E. G. S, of which here is no standard so it lays in the hands of your subjective opinion, and things regarding subjective taste on a personal level remain in your power and so you are fully justified in deciding whether or not you want to date someone because of their looks, as long as you don't become derogatory towards people who fall below your aesthetic standards.

• No, hardly. I assure you that you are being judged by her.

• Who doesn't want that?

• It just seems like it's all about looks

• Eh, looks are important. It's your absolute right to be as picky as you want. It would be bad only if looks are all what you care about, ignoring personality traits.

• naw, gotta be attracted to someone. tho dont get with someone just because your friends think they look good.

• If you have to ask...

• Well, only if you have rejected nice people because of how they look.

• no, it's normal.

• It depends what you find attractive. If you have unrealistic expectations, then you should think about it.