Would it be wrong of me to hang out with a guy friend if I'm in a relationship?

Should I ask my boyfriend if he's ok with it first?

Most Helpful Guy

• To me there's always this tension there when a boyfriend/girlfriend spends lots of time alone with a friend of the opposite sex. Yet it goes both ways.

If I went out for dinner with a female friend and, say, started talking to her a lot on my cell phone, received birthday presents from her and so forth, my wife would probably grow suspicious and possibly jealous.

That said, if my wife went out for dinner with a man and did all these things, I wouldn't get jealous (I would have when I was younger). Somehow I've grown to be as opposite of the jealous/nervous type as possible, since I no longer feel insecure at all. I've developed a "whatever" attitude, but most young guys usually don't have this kind of attitude where they're totally confident in themselves and won't suspect anything whatsoever.

I think the best route is not ask for permission but actually invite your boyfriend along. Then if your boyfriend and male friend hit it off, your boyfriend might actually want to invite him to hang out together and it's win-win for everyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should make sure he's good with you hanging out with a male friend, or at least let him know about it.

What Guys Said 2

• Only if you have a thing with that guy friend

• if your asking us that means you shouldn't do it

What Girls Said 3

• You should just tell your boyfriend you're hanging out with one of your mates, if he has a problem with it I'm sure he'll let you know, however I think "asking" for permission is a little odd.

• I would ask my boyfriend if he was comfortable with it first. If you just go hang out with him without telling your boyfriend at all, he may think you were trying to hide it when he finds out.

• well you are allowed to have guy friends lol :P