Should I approach a girl that is really shy through social media?

Like this girl is super shy with me and its pretty hard to get her one on one to talk so i was wondering if i should talk to her through a social media like instagram or facebook. I've done this before with another shy girl and it actually worked, I got really close to her. I want to try it with this other girl because approaching her will be too hard since she's at my job and we can't just stop and talk because i'm busy all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do your thing.

In my experience, girls don't respect that. You can save yourself a lot of drama and heartache by asking her straight up what she's into, and if she'd like to get together on the weekends.

You have to learn how to get comfortable with conversation in your domain. It's harder when you like the girl, but you're better off getting a straight answer right away then lingering on social media.

What Girls Said 1

• I am the exact same shy nervous and to anxious to let any guy talk to me. I was 15 when I met my boyfriend who was 30 then he followed me home and climbed through my bedroom window just to speak to me, so romantic. My parents didn't approve and still dont and the cops tried to jail him and get me to rat him out but I never did. He married me when I turned 16 so the cops and my folks can all go fuck themselves because I've never been so happy especially now that I've another baby on the way.

What Guys Said 3

• Do it! But when the opportunity presents itself in the "field" make sure you approach as well. All that fb messaging will give you two something to chat about in real life as well. You've got nothing to lose.

• I know it's way better in person, but like you said you are trying to make it work and so approaching through social media would be another way to go

• Yeah i would go up and talk to her, but i can't because of hectic work is. I;ve actually spoken to her a couple of times, but only for work related stuff. One of my coworkers mentioned that he has her as a friend on instagram so i was wondering maybe i should friend request her to try and get her to open upon to me.

• Really depends but its 99% of the time a bad idea. If you see her often and then all out of the blue she gets a message it'll be easier for her to not think about the situation, ignore it, and move on. Going up to her in person will flatter her, let her know how brave you are, and be more personal. Plus even if she says no you're better learning how to approach girls like her.