I like someone who is still In love with his ex girlfriend, is it right for me to chase after him after his break up?

Okay so I like this guy and we've been basically talking for a year now only problem is he lives across the country but despite that he's told me multiple times that he had feelings for me the first time him and his ex broke up.. I told him I had feelings for him to but than he gets back with his ex like a month later! But after 1 month of them being together they broke up again and we aren't the same as we used to be. We hardly talk anymore and he just sees me as a "homegirl" so I think I'm completely friend zoned and I have no chance with him... But then I asked him if I was and he said NO I'm not friend zoned like whaaaaat? Is he just playing with my emotions? I don't know what to do anymore someone help me! Should I leave this alone or keep chasing something that might never happen. Thank you (:

Most Helpful Guy

• No coz you will be the rebpund relationship and those never go well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Leave it alone.
    1. He lives far away.
    2. It's clear that you're just a rebound.
    3. Not only are you just a rebound, but he has basically proven to you that you're his second choice. His ex will always come first.
    4. He only likes the attention and the idea of having a backup. You're his backup.
    5. You deserve to be with someone who lives closer to you and who is ready and willing to make you his FIRST choice. No games, no hesitation.

What Guys Said 1

• around around she goes, where she stops after rebound, no one knows

What Girls Said 4

• I think he's just in a position where he loves his ex, however he doesn't want to make his feelings for you disappear but like you said you live across the country from each other which also makes it hard because sometimes all you need is that 'in person' connection to validate your feelings.

• From what you've written, it sounds like he is just keeping you warm in case the situation with his on/off ex ever improves. You say he is still in love with his ex-girlfriend - isn't that enough to tell you to leave it alone? If he gets into something with you, then the ex comes back, he will most likely give it another shot with her. I would swerve this one as I think even though he may like you, he has yet to prove anything in real terms to you.

• It seems like a fruitless venture: if he wants this other girl, then he clearly doesn't value you the way he does her, so that kind of makes the whole thing pointless, doesn't it?

• I'm going through almost the EXACT SAME THING. It's somewhat nice to hear someone else is going through it, even though it totally suck, but it's especially nice to hear the opinions.