Why would a man insist on paying?

My boyfriend insist on paying the bill almost every time we go out. I hate it when somebody else pays for my stuff. It makes me feel really uncomfortable. We've argued about that and I've told him a few times, that I don't need him to take me out somewhere fancy or pay for everything and that I don't like it. Still, he looks kind of sad and frowns when we go out and we both pay when the waiter brings the bill. But when I leave it to him, he's all smiling. Why is that? I thought a man would prefer a woman to pay for herself instead of paying everything?

Most Helpful Guy

• i have a friend who refuses to let a girl pay for her food, he will always pay no matter what, even if she tries to pay herself, he says no and pays for everything. I once asked him, "how tight is your vagina?" and he said, "fuck you its just the way I was raised"

Most Helpful Girl

• Be happy you have a traditional man instead of a fuckboy

What Guys Said 7

• I don't mind paying however I would never insist on it. If my girlfriend wants to pay, I realize that she likes to contribute, and I am comfortable with that.

• i dont really like a girl paying if we're on a date that doesn't sound manly to me , if i let a girl pay i feel less of a man so i won't , simply put men take care of business.

• Is she worth taking care of business or are you just borderline desperate? There's nothing manly about that.

• @sp33d desperate? well, i only pay if its a date and iam interested in her and she's interested in me so no iam not desperate its how i do it

• "I thought a man would prefer a woman to pay for herself instead of paying everything?"

You do know not all men are the same, right?
    He probably is traditional and likes to pay the bill.

• Ah he's a real man

• A man does prefer that but he probably thinks you are testing him.

• The meanest, most honest and direct translation is:

I have no faith in you managing on your own.

• I guess that's the only way he knows how to validate his manhood.

What Girls Said 1

• Because yes you can pay for yourself, however he likes to take care of you in that aspect, knows you're perfectly capable of doing so yourself, however he doesn't want you to. He'd rather be the one to