"No hymen, no diamond". Do you find that offensive or do you agree?

A friend told me to live by that principle. And I agree with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• damit you out trolled me.

• It was too easy. Look at the responses.

• Haha my case in point. Thank you.

• @Lioness You have an odd obsession with me

What Girls Said 33

• Who the fuck comes up with such bullshit? Seriously.

And by the way, hymen doesn't ever go away anyways, it's a part of a girl her whole life. It stretches, not breaks.

• THANK YOU FOR SPREADING THE KNOWLEDGE. It amazes me how many people don't understand hymens.

• Yeah. Guys act like one use and you've broken the most sacred part of you. It stretches. 😂

• @cupcakes94 I know right? -.- That misconception is so popular it's ridiculous.

• Offensive and just evidence of how primal the views and mind-set of whoever says or believe that to be true.
    I wouldn't think highly of anyone who views a woman's main value as being in her sexuality.

• That's not how the hymen works! That's not how any of it works!

• Only if he also lives by the same ideology and saves himself for her.

If he's off screwing people he has grounds to demand a virgin bride.

• Lol hymen.
    Mah cherry got popped when I was all of 9 years old. What a slutty slutty slut, huh.

In a threesome, even!

A threesome with a Huffy bicycle and the surface of California Ave. That poor street was so ashamed, it changed its name less than 2 years later.

--

Then again, I also think diamonds are just a giant scam, and #yougotgot if you buy into that. Yep, #youvebeenhad. So maybe the saying is right after all.

• right, because you know being athletic and stuff is a total deal breaker.

Who makes this stuff up? Why don't just communicate what you want like a normal person without making up bs statement without even comprehending what you're saying?
    I mean how do you expect a marriage to last if you can't even do that?

• I think virginity is a ridiculous and overvalued social construct with no bearing on modern society, but do what you want.

• To you it might be, but to men seeking marriage, it isn't.

• @Lioness yep. Asker is a conservative hypocrite and a dingbat to boot.

• @9mfeo asker is 'Luminosity'

• Then your friend is a fool. There are virgins who are born without hymens or who break them doing some type of exercise.

It's not offensive, but it shows how ignorant the individual is.

• Not to mention if the person isn't a virgin, then he has no right in my opinion to be demanding one unless if he's a hypocrite.

• I find this so so old.

• I would agree if I still had mine lol

It's seriously impossible to "put out" and be a virgin at the same time. Every guy wants to be special like that, most men won't be and most won't stay with the same girl. So in that sense, no I don't agree with that statement because I feel it is unrealistic.

Also, just my thoughts, you don't have to like them, but I feel like the whole wanting a virgin thing is kind of a way to control/dominate someone who doesn't know better. Not sure why I feel that way about it.

• It depends. The phrase is crude and ignorant (the hymen doesn't just fall out of your vagina and disappear, it never goes away) , but the idea behind it, not necessarily.

If you wish to marry a virgin because you personally don't believe in premarital sex and you also have abstained, then I think it's a reasonable "rule" for yourself.

But if you haven't abstained, its hypocritical. If you think a girl must abstain but guys can do whatever, it's sexist. If you think a girl only has value as a virgin, its disgusting.

• For the most part yes, but I'm a strong believer in repentance and forgiveness, so I think there should be a bit of wiggle room.

• I hope you do find that special lady who is awaiting her virginal knight, whoops I mean undercover man-whore and then when she realizes she was duped, the resentment will flurish to it's epic conclusion of her leaving you for someone actually decent and honest, and taking all your money and possessions with her. All you will be left is the remnants of a hymen. Good plan!

• You sound bitter, and quick to judge. I'm not a virgin, yes, but if I met a virginial girl, I wouldn't dump her and try to use her. It's a rare quality these days and I would dedicate my time with and to a girl like that.

• Admittance is the first step, you have 11 more to go...

• Crazy is what has kept me alive

• Very offensive.
    It's implying that a woman is seen as a sexual object and is associated with materialistic value - a possession of a man.
    And that's offensive.

• Is a man not seen in the same way? How much he earns, etc?

• I think that depends on the woman.
      If a woman associates a man with how much he earns then clearly there's something wrong with her.

Although I wouldn't think it's fair to generalise this upon all women. I personally, for example, don't see men for "how much they earn" but who they are as a person.

• It's a personal choice. I do not agree with it, but if he is a virgin and wants the same in a wife, there is nothing wrong with that. If he is not a virgin, it is hypocritical to ask the same in return.

• OMG why or why is the mystical hymen so misunderstood? SMH... again____

www.psychologytoday.com/.../the-hymen-membrane-widely-misunderstood

• I think the saying is kind of crass but I'm not against the meaning behind it. But I feel that a guy only has a right to say or practice that if he too is a virgin.

• lol what about girls who don't have a hymen or have broken there's in other natural ways that aren't sex.

• That's a small %. However I would diamond it up if I knew that it were done accidentally or naturally.

• How decent of you @Luminosity

• I think it's only okay if the guy who's saying that is a virgin themselves, if not they're a major hypocrite.

• I find that stupid so its ok for you guys to go bang around but the woman you want to marry can't be having sex or had sex? are you kidding me this is why I can get piss off with a lot of men. You guys acting like this are one of the dumbest guys out there.

• The absence of a hymen doesn't mean a girl has had sex. It's a bad system to separate virgins from nonvirgins. If you're a virgin and you want a virgin bride, that's perfectly reasonable. But if you aren't a virgin, don't expect a virgin.

• Women and men are valued differently in the human sexual market. Men by their wealth and status, and women by their looks and chaste. Men can bang a lot of women, and still get a virgin because his value is not determined by that.

• I think as long as you stick to the type of girls who are virgins for reasons that aren't religious or overly romantic (aka waiting for the right person vs for marriage), you should be good. They won't have issues with you having more experience than them.

• @Luminosity But why should the woman devote her body to you, and not the same? Where is this principle found?

• Okay... that is absurd.. You can live by it all you want, but nowadays there aren't many so called "virgins" out there and IF you find "the one" -she might not have a hymen because some women aren't born with it, you're gonna exclude her completely?

you're an idiot. Im sorry.

• I don't get what this means.. lol.. but seems like pure BS

• I never heard that saying before but sure is funny... lol... but I'm sure it means if a females does not have a hymen which is her virginity, she will not receive a diamond which is a diamond wedding ring.

• What the hell lol

• I don't find it offensive. If thats what someone wants and believes i see nothing wrong with it. I personally won't go that way but I don't find it offensive no.

• quite vulgar.

• what a principle.

• It's all preference. I'm not offended by it at all. But if you say that about a girl, you better be a virgin too.

• As long as you keep yourself pure which means no oral no handjobs nothing then you can ask that of her. Sad that you can't forgive a transgression and that unbending attitude will make your marriage much more difficult than it needs to be.

• Also hymen can be stretched by a tampon or horseback riding or motorcycle ride.

• Some women naturally don't have a hymen LMAO

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 28

• It makes no sense. The assumption behind it isn't even sound when it comes to the anatomy of the hymen and its condition prior to first intercourse. So the saying is just ignorant.

• Probably the most absurd thing I've ever heard in my 36 years of living. I'd recommend being a little more respectful towards women.

• You can refuse to marry someone based on whatever criteria you see fit. However no hymen doesn't nessesarily = not a virgin. Also virgins are rare so you're narrowing your dating pool by quite a bit. I think getting married is pointless even if you do find a virgin.

• I am super fine with it. The more there are guys like you, the more women there are left to be taken by the rest of us.

• How many woman at a time are you planning to marry?

• @ArtDent Hehehe You are taking this too seriously my friend. As for marriage, I do not believe in it. I believe you don't need to be married to be with someone. So yes, I was talking about relationships. The point was that by being so fussy and focusing on a girls sexual life instead of her personality, he was making it harder on himself to find someone, therefore leaving more for us.

• ah. okay. Makes sense depending on what is important to a person.

• It's offensive + funny to me. And hell I'd love for the "virgin" to marry ___ yet never get him any pussy while taking the ring in the end 😂😂😂

• Strict anatomical survey is a lousy pathway to truth. If the fear in question is that a partner may be dishonest, immoral, non-believing, a cheater, etc., there will usually be other red flags to indicate such things.

• I find that hilarious if only because of how loosely it rhymes hymen with diamond. As for the mentality it proposes, who cares?

Personally, I'd prefer someone who knew her way around the totem pole if you catch my drift. But hey, to each their own.

• I find it incredibly offensive. The fact that people still value women based on their past sexual experiences instead of her character is mind blowing to me. People can miss out on quality partners that way.

• It is not only offensive, but it is stupid and barbaric.

• Offensive? I'm not a woman, so I think I can't feel offended since I'm not the one who's being "attacked". But I don't agree with it at all, in today's world this point of view can't have any space.

• i mean you can go by that principle and then end up with a frigid wife with no sex drive :D i kind of hope that happens to you ;)

being experienced in sex doesn´t make a person a lesser quality partner at all.

• Eh, if it's not a virgin saying this then it's definitely a hypocrite saying it.

• Lol , good one. Close-minded as fuck.

But as people claim all have their "preference" and so it should be okay for you to have one too.

• The hymen is a myth. You know this right?

Just stick with no marriage, period. It's all risk no reward.

• Yes... as soon as a women has sex, her value drops to pretty-well zero, like a kleenex to be used and then thrown away... And women aren't people... they're posessions, right?

"Ewwww! Somebody already used this one!"

• I don't understand what that means.

• You fucked up letting women post their opinion on this hahaha.

• Is your friend sterile and living in a mine?

• I agree. It's a preference just like any other preference,

And since It's a preference I don't have to be a virgin either.

• That's a bit harsh, but if you both agree to it and abide by it, it's your lives, your decision.

• I find it hilarious :D Had a good chuckle when I read the title :D

• That's so nineteenth century.

• Seems like a waste of time and a really easy way to reduce your chances of a healthy fulfilling relationship. Not to mention the large number of non sexual activities that can lead to the breakage of a hymen. And the fact that there's a good percentage of women born without hymens. Or the fact that you can have a hymen surgically reconstructed these days which makes its purpose as an indicator for virginty entirely pointless. The more I write the more funny this shit gets. Your basing your future, your wife, the person you're going to help feed shelter and support finaxially as well as aid in raising your kids, on a tiny fragile flap of skin that can be severed and rebuilt. All because your not okay you have to be number 1 and your ego won't let you get over the idea of someone else getting thier first. Cause I mean as long as she doesn't cheat there's no one coming after you. You treat it like a race while everyone is is treating like a last one standing battle royals. And you honestly think being her first is going to guarantee that your her best and her last. Like a girl who's only ever had sex with one man is LESS likely to get curious and cheat. Lol I'm sorry. This is wrong. I shouldn't joke about your beliefs. That's wrong of me. I apologize. But I'm still gonna post this. Cause c'mon dude. Think about it.

• Studies show that 50% of women who have slept with only their husband are satisfied in their marriage. While 22% of women who have a partner count over 10 are satisfied with their marriage.

• I find it offensive because a diamond is such a "fake" object. To reduce a girl to a binary decision based on such a crude, sexualised observation is rather offensive.

I do see how someone who is a virgin might be more innocent, or more steadfast in her beliefs. Which are good points. But then again if all one cares about is xxx, then that sounds really offensive too.

• I totally agree. It eliminates 90% of the women, but it's worth it. You want a diamond, not a lump of coal.

• I think that's a pretty bad idea if you're dating western girls nowadays.

Only a small handful of women are virgins when they marry now.

A fair proportion of women have little to no sex drive.

If you imagine these things are not at all correlated, you're delusional.

There was a time when average women with average sexual appetites frequently waited for marriage. That time, in the west, has gone. There are still some like this, but the odds of getting an asexual or massively repressed partner, or just low drive and has learned to view 'not having sex' as an expression of 'real' love are so high.

• Whats wrong with it? Is "No job, no pussy." wrong? No. To each their own. If a guy wants a virgin, let him want a virgin. just like gays, you can't help what you like.