Would you be annoyed by this, or am I just being dramatic?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about nine months now. Last night his roommates were having a house party (and my boyfriend was really drunk), but I didn't know anyone there the whole night besides his three roommates and my boyfriend didn't really like introduce me to anyone or stay with me that much the whole night. I was kind of mad, so I decided that I didn't want to spend the night and he didn't even walk me to the door or anything when I said I was leaving. He also never asks me how my week has been, and I just started school again this week and not once has he asked me how its going or anything. Would you be mad about this, or am I just being too dramatic?

Most Helpful Guy

• You sound reasonably and understandably bothered by this...
    If you want the relationship to continue, it's important to have a talk with your boyfriend and let him know how his actions (or inactions) make you feel. If he's willing to listen to you and make an effort to do the things that make you feel important (perfectly reasonable desires, btw), then great! If he ignores your requests and continues to act like he's been acting, then it might be time to move on and find someone who will do the little things that make a big difference to you.
    Last night you could partially chalk up to the booze (though his drinking is having a negative effect on your relationship, so that might be something he should be made aware of, too), and maybe he doesn't realize that expressing interest in how your week has been or what's going on in your life is important to you (though I kind of think that a guy SHOULD be genuinely interested in his girlfriends life, right?)...
    Have a talk with him, let him know how you feel, and if he doesn't shape up then it's time to either accept the relationship isn't as serious as you thought and just enjoy it as a more casual relationship, or move on and find someone who will provide the kind of relationship you DO want.

You are NOT being too dramatic.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's somewhat reasonable to want your partner to care about you or ask how your day was. However, he was really drunk, which explains why he was so inconsiderate during the party. But as for not asking you how you've been or what school is like, there are no excuses for that.
    You should talk to him about how you feel and that you'd prefer it if he actually put more effort into showing interest in you and the things that are going on in your life. Try your best to not turn it into a huge argument though, as that will only make him think you're overreacting and he will not take your feelings into consideration. Express your opinion in a mature and calm way, without being passive aggressive or overly accusatory. Instead, encourage him to put more effort into it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe I'm also just being dramatic but it sounds like he doesn't care much about your relationship, I'd talk to him about it. If it continues I'd dump him.

• this is not dramatic at all, you have to understand some guys are assholes. they are not emotionally intelligent enough to be in a relationship yet, and then more often than not they hurt the person they are with. i can 100% say he doesn't see you as a long term girlfriend if he doesn't introduce you to his friends and just chucks you off to the side to get drunk, he sounds immature as fk. you can do way better. try read about guy behavior and red flags to look out for and set standards on the type of guy you want. trust me being single is actually sometimes a good thing. i am enjoying it because no guy has the pleasure of treating me like crap, i am my own princess. i kinda like it :) good luck

• I'd be a bit annoyed too.