Guy was interested but suddenly turned cold -- is it too late?

I am interested in this guy and I just recently found out throught mutual friends that he was interested as well. Knowing that he is shy and a bit scared, I planned to make the first move this week. However, now he is acting different and distant like the way you would when you need to force yourself to get over someone. Our mutual friends tell me that by chance, there is another girl in the picture, who is much like a "safe" option for him... and I'm the "risk."bBut they guarantee that the guy seriously liked me for the past few months. It s hard for me to believe that things can go down so quickly, especially JUST as I was about to take the initiative. I would have done it sooner but we were both traveling all over the place (... and he ran into this new girl on his most recent trip...) Should I still talk things out with him or let it go?

What Guys Said 1

• "In case you never get a second chance: don't be afraid!" "And what if you get a second chance?"
    "You take it!"

C. JoyBell C.

What Girls Said 1

• Let it go.