Do you think I should text him?

I met this guy last Friday night and things went really well. He walked me home and we kissed for a little bit. He added me on Facebook the next day and texted me that night to see what I was up to and for me to meet him at one of the bars. I wasn't able to do anything with him because I was with my friends. I texted him back saying I couldn't make it and I never heard a response back. I really did like him but I don't want to just "hook up" if that's what he wants. It's already been a few days and I still haven't heard from him. Am I the one that needs to make a move and make contact? Or has he just lost interest?

Thanks for all the responses! I decided to just text him. What did I have to lose?

Well, we are now going on a date later. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if you texted him to say you could not make it, did you explain it? If you did and he has not answered then he might of wanted to "just hook" up like you said. Now if you did NOT put an explanation then he might think you are not interested. When you first meet someone you look for signs to see if they are interested. By you right away not being able to make it because of your friends is not a good sign to him. He might of told his buddies that he met this girl and invited her to come and then you shoot him down and guess what, guys will be guys and make fun of him. There are so many situations that could of happened to try to explain why he has not written back. If you really like the guy then my advice to you is to throw a simple little text like, "haven't heard from u, been thinking about u" and see where the converstation leads. He might just open up at that time. Good luck.

What Guys Said 15

• Three things I'd like to point out:

1) You've already kissed him without having a relationship

2) He texted you late at night

3) His offer for hanging out revolved a typical "hook up location" (the bar)

He was probably looking for a one-night-stand to develop into a relationship if he liked it; however, I don't believe his interest is there because he hasn't responded. If he could respond and ask you for a date, it doesn't sound like there are any issues with him getting in touch.

I'd move on in your shoes, but if you like him that much, send him a text- there is nothing wrong with it, except that you're lining yourself up for empty-filled-emotions where you are left out to dry and hope/dream about what COULD happen.

~ ArtistBBoy

• ill tell you what he thinks. He thinks you are not interested in him and he's moving on.

Most guys will bail at the first sign of resistance.

You gave him one, so he gone.

You need to let him know that you still are interested. If you really like him then you should say it.

Most guys like girls that don't play games, and are not subtle.

Like Vienna on the show the bachelor.

That's why she's probably going to win. because she's fun and is open with what's on her mind.

Id pick her too.

• Girls are rarely truthfully busy. Guys who have the guts to walk away give a girl they've just met two chances maximum, some just give them one.

If you're interested, meet him half way. See where he wants this to go and if his plans don't match yours, drop him.

• He is either trying to keep you interested and thinking about him, or he doesn't want to look needy by being the one to keep texting you and trying to talk to you. It is extremely rare for a guy to lose interest in a girl that he kissed that quick, he probably still thinks about you... He is either busy or just acting like a wuss, waiting for you to make the first move... Are you that INTO this guy already? From just seeing him once barely a week ago? I think if you fall for a guy that quick then you should really check yourself. If a guy likes you he enough he will keep in touch. I say that you can text him and say Hi or How is your day? If he doesn't text you after that then don't even bother. Good Luck.

• He may have taken you "I'm with friends" as a brush off. If you're interested, by all means text him. That'll get rid of the "brush off" idea.

• Did you send something like

1) "Hi I can't tonight as I am with my friends"?

Or

2)"Ah, I would have loved to but I've already made plans with my friends. Maybe another day?

1) Is as blu8nt as hell and definitely would nto bother contacting you again.

2) There is intereest but you are busy. Worth trying for next weekend.

It's all about how you communicate. Remember text = no emotion so in your mind you are saying it really sweet like ahhhhhhhh that's sweet but I can't I'm with my fwends all happy and he reads BLOWN OUT.

• well he definitely only wants to hook up with you. he probably figures that since you haven't texted him back that you don't like him. So he probably has moved on to finding another girl. But if you like him a lot then text him and try to hang out with him with your friends and his friends. And if he gets really close to you that night then he probably only wants to hook up with you. and if he stays back and is chill and hold a conversation with you then he might actually like you more than just a hook up.

• douchebag. that's all I have to say about this guy - could be wrong but probably not, I've seen this same scenario posted many times

• 1st of all you have to be clear you want long relationship or just fun if you want or serious with him then texted him that what's happ? and let it be clear that you can't do everything that he says because if you didn't stop him in starting then you have to do everything that he says otherwise he will stop taking and always grip on you

• Make him want you. Try to engage in a conversation, flirt a little but mostly show him your not a female that just want sex, but a love life . Ask him if he loves you or ur body if you don't know how to ask, depending on his answer you will know if he is right for you.

• He probably hasn't lost interest but his time maybe more limited than you think. My advice to you is to txt him one time. If he doesn't answer he has lost interest. Be conscious he may not answer right away.

• well... come onn... give him a text... casually and see to it how does he react... and this will show how much interested he is...

• you must know , what has happnd

• He wants to **** you. If You Want Continue else bye bye

• first impression> you just met the guy tat day and kissed> realistically stuff like that predetermines a relationship right off the back... kinda sends off the signal that ur a girl who wants to have fun and that's it...but I don't know how the night went

What Girls Said 11

• i would normaly say you should wait for him to text you, but in this case he could have not gotten your text that said you couldn't make it and he might be thinking your the one who has lost intrest so I would just text him asking how he's doing or what he's been up to. and if he texts back GREAT but if he doesn't then I would just give up and look for better because he must not be as great as you think if he can't send you a simple tet back.

• I think that you should tex thim and try to explain to him that you were with your friends and you didn't want to blow off your friends. And tell him that you didn't really mean to blow him off but you didn't want to hurt your friends. And ask him if he would like to pick things up again at where you had left them and try to explain to him that your not all about sex

• If you like him then throw a line to him. Its not always the guys responsibility to get things moving in a relationship. He tried, you shot him down (not in a bad way, but still).. So now you try. And if he says no or he is busy then move on :)

• Um okay, you shouldnt make out with guys you just met, for one (Thats just a health tip) and also I think if he was INTO YOU he would have called but if he just wanted to get in your skirt then he'd ignore you completely, so I'd wait, don't write him off yet, he might be busy , maybe a nice guy, but don't you break down and text him, because then he's gonna think he's got you on the run , like the tool he is (:

• Actually, that COULD not be true! He could be a nice guy and maybe he's just busy being with his friends and family and/or maybe he's working! Not ALL guys you meet just want to get in your pants, fyi.

• Well if you finished reading what I said..i said that already but thanks for your irrelevant input hun! (: Now go back up to my comment and read REALLLY slow, just so you can comprehend ;)

• Actually, I think you should text him because you guys are friends. And I you do find out that all he wants to do is F*** you then you will never regret about the "What if's" because you would know it just wasn't meant to be. I know this might sound childish.

• There not friends they just met a party hooked up like a week ago..just throwin that out there

• So, she just met this guy, they make out because he's hot and he thinks she's hot like the night they met, and haven't talked since then... so there friends? o_O really hun? Wake up! Well we know where your gonna be in about nine months ^^ Way to aim for the gold hun, your mother must be so proud ;)

• Hey! Way to be a bitch! And yeah, she did text him and guess what?! They have another date! Wow! And actually, they could be friends! They talked before they started making out and she got his number! So... Why don't you wake up?!

• well you can ask him to go meet up with some friends and all hang out. if he doesn't respond then just forget bout him

• no don't text him... avoid him as much as posible...if he really wanted to be with you.. he would stick around and when they do that..they only want one thing from you...just don't text him or call

• I think you should text him, he might be waiting for you, if you wait too long he might give up.

Ask him to meet you somewhere, and treat it like a date, look at him and smile. Show that you are interested.

• well congrats on the date good luck

• i would text in and jus say hey if you don't here from him then I would probably say oh well

• He probably thinks you lost interest saying you were busy with your friends and just blowing him off. I would advise you to text him, just asking him what's up and then see if he invites you out again. Him adding you on Facebook and initiating communication through texting would appear to be signs that he was/is interested in you.