Why do people do ****** up things and get rewarded?

Last semester my college roommate/ friend and I were both in the same boat, liking guys we couldn't have because they were already in relationships. My roommate though, despite everyone telling her not to, decided to mess with her crush anyway; he ended up breaking things off with his girlfriend of 3 years for her. I did the total opposite of her and chose to respect the fact that my crush already has a girlfriend (he doesn't even know I like him, and at this point as far as I'm concerned he never will. It absolutely kills me, but. Oh well.). But I'm now having to deal with the fact that everyone here is in a relationship now but me, and having that fact rubbed in my face, especially since my roommate and her boyfriend insist on kissing and doing pda in front of me as if I'm not even there, and she brags about every little thing they do (even sex). He recently got a job where he's getting $600 a week so now he's taking her to expensive restaurants and the mall and other stuff. I hate that this sounds like jealousy, but I just can't stand what my roommate did or the fact that she's pretty much gotten away with it with no consequences. I don't regret how I handled my situation at all, because I believe in Karma, but, I'm 20 and have never been in a relationship, because everytime I've tried the guy's already in a relationship, uninterested or both. So that just makes this all the more frustrating. At this point it pretty much feels like, "break up a relationship, get rewarded with a guy that's now doing well for himself and working around millionaires". And that just doesn't seem fair.

What Guys Said 3

• You continue on in the manner you have been going up until now - with civility and respect. When you do land a guy, it's going to be far more worth it than snatching someone away from another girl. Besides, what does it say about that guy if he so easily ditched one girl for another? Would you want him?

• who cares? like, why is your happiness dictated by the fact that your friends are in relationships? not saying it is, but that might be the problem. you're being too desperate to be happy through others. although, that's fucked up. I don't know why anyone would be friends or be with a home wrecker.

• So? She's got a boyfriend who's got form for dumping his girlfriend to be with someone else, that's a really great reward!

What Girls Said 0