He says he would date me but wants to focus on schoolwork at the moment... Is he just making up excuses?

Updates:
He says he thinks he's doing to fail everything hence why he wants to do his schoolwork... does this make a difference?

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Guy

• It's reasonable; in fact, it's really selfless of him. He has his priorities; in fairness to you, he doesn't want to enter a relationship where he can't give you the time and energy. Thus, he is allowing you to remain free to date another guy.

0|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it just sounds like he has his priorities set well. School is a bit more important than worrying about a relationship.

0|3
    0|0
    • I'm actually glad you said that x Thankyou x

• You're very welcome :)

What Guys Said 4

• It could be legitimate.

Back in high school, I staying focused in my studies (despite much female attention) allowed me to graduate in the "A" honor-roll with faculty commendations. That helped me get into my first college of choice, without bothering to apply for any other university, as the common advice.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds legit.

The guy is prioritizing which is pretty admirable.

In my experience, I can tend to get distracted with 2-3 girls I'm seeing so I distance myself while I'm doing things that need my 100% attention or that are vital for my future goals.

Plus, he's being honest with you and not just egging you on for an ego boost.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • It's legit. School and a relationship can be daunting.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• You're under 18? What?

High school is... well, let's just say "not hard" and leave it at that.

Either he's blowing you off, or he absolutely sucks beyond belief at efficiency / time management / study skills. Beyond any possible reasonable belief.

0|0
    0|0