He says he would date me but wants to focus on schoolwork at the moment... Is he just making up excuses?

He says he thinks he's doing to fail everything hence why he wants to do his schoolwork... does this make a difference?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's reasonable; in fact, it's really selfless of him. He has his priorities; in fairness to you, he doesn't want to enter a relationship where he can't give you the time and energy. Thus, he is allowing you to remain free to date another guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it just sounds like he has his priorities set well. School is a bit more important than worrying about a relationship.

• I'm actually glad you said that x Thankyou x

• You're very welcome :)

What Guys Said 4

• It could be legitimate.

Back in high school, I staying focused in my studies (despite much female attention) allowed me to graduate in the "A" honor-roll with faculty commendations. That helped me get into my first college of choice, without bothering to apply for any other university, as the common advice.

• Sounds legit.

The guy is prioritizing which is pretty admirable.

In my experience, I can tend to get distracted with 2-3 girls I'm seeing so I distance myself while I'm doing things that need my 100% attention or that are vital for my future goals.

Plus, he's being honest with you and not just egging you on for an ego boost.

• yeah

• It's legit. School and a relationship can be daunting.

What Girls Said 1

• You're under 18? What?

High school is... well, let's just say "not hard" and leave it at that.

Either he's blowing you off, or he absolutely sucks beyond belief at efficiency / time management / study skills. Beyond any possible reasonable belief.