Am I the only who thinks black women shouldn't date white men?

Not on some racist issue, either. I kind of understand when black men say, there's a different between black men dating white women and black women dating white men. When black men date white women, they are sort of getting back at white men. When they create biracial kids, 8/10 times that biracial kid will end up with a black person. So, the black population just increases. When a black woman dates a white man, that's like dating your opressor and you are disrespecting every black man in the entire world. That's just what I believe. What do you think?

• Agree
  • Disagree (explain why, please)

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a pretty screwed up way to think about it. Love should not be about "getting back at a group of people" that's a childish way to look at it. You can't just group people together as oppressors and victims that's stereotyping. Black women shouldn't care what other black men think, they have no control over them. If a black man feels "disrespected he's an asshole" just like a white guy feeling "disrespected for a white women dating outside of her race. I think you need to adapt you views if you think people should be seggregated in dating. That's how the problems start.

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely see you're logic and agree to an extent.

I think people should be able to love a person without their race being what makes it up; however, there should be mutual understanding and willingness to learn and grow in a relationship.

In most cases (not every), a black women and white man will not have experiences the same struggles in life. The black woman could have dealt with extreme racial oppression but the white man may not have, so they end up having different views and expectations on what racism is and how it should be dealt with. In this case, the relationship could end badly because he simply doesn't know how to handle certain occurrences or why certain problems people talk about are even problems. If each person is willing to be patient, listen and support each other in times of injustice and try to understand why they have different views, then the relationship could work.
    Also, there is a thing where people fetishize race, which I think you should definitely stay away from a person who does this.

Let's say the black and white person had a similar upbringing and have a mutual understanding of certain issues, then race should not be something that hinders them at all. There is a "white male privilege" but this does not mean every white man just wants power over a black woman or wants to sexualize her.

I've seen BWWM relationships work out well and end horribly for various reasons. Being in the relationship for the right reasons and being open about discussing cultural differemces is key.

Jamie and Nikki for example have a lovely relationship; they even have a YouTube channel.
    http://i.imgur.com/lZ1Pm2q.png?1
    Jacob Mason although single, likes black women and actually promotes fighting for racial equality and points out wonderful things that society ignores
    pbs.twimg.com/.../_Q1Ic-vw.jpg

So to be short and frank about this question, no I don't think black women and white men should just not date just because he's white and she's black, but it should be for the right reasons and they should be open about discussing experiences in treatment and cultural differences.

• Strongly disagree with the disrespecting every black man by the way. It's a big occurrence for black men to degrade black women every time they date outside of their race. A lot of black women result to dating outside because black men aren't interested.

If the black women starts saying "black men are this... or black men are that.." then yes, that's disrespectful. As long as they stay true to who they are and support their own people, it's not disrespectful to date outside of your race.

• your** not you're in the original comment

// @xXiTacoXx omg same! I've been checking to see like I'm so excited to see their baby.

• She's making the world wait since she figures we can't handle her just yet. xD

What Guys Said 38

• People should be able to date who they want to date, for any reason they want to date them. People should also not be forced to date anyone they don't want to date. Black women are fully capable of deciding who they want to be with for themselves.

• You make absolutely no fucking sense. I can't disagree more.

• My step mom is black, dad told me I would have been black had he not been raised in the racist 1950s. So my step mom said she likes white men because of all the bad experiences she had with black men. So basically everyone is going to have a unique and personal perspective or preference on this topic based on their own life experiences.

• As a black American guy, I find this to be bullshit. Let go of slavery and move FORWARD in life, don't be stuck in the past.

• You're wrong for the simple reason that white people are not oppressing black people.

• Race, colour, creed or Religion has no place in deciding who we love. These are man made indoctrinated beliefs that simply uphold radical and misguided beliefs.

• No one should be allowed to date or not date a specific race, come on that's a level of racism that I thought was long dead. Preferences are just that.

• I think you're sickening. So much hate inn this world and you stir the pot. All colors are beautiful.

• Why I have the feeling that an black man who impersonate as an woman had asked that question, so racist and sexist black man think that they can have it both way, and have both black woman and white women. The black population is did not increases by mulatto children, simply because they are not real/full blacks, and also there are too many blacks in this world as it is.

• well these couples dating are not the ones that got oppressed or were the oppressor, so I don't think they think of it like that. However I've never seen a older black woman with a older white guy , like in their 60s.

The thing I really don't understand is why women who were alive during Vietnam war could end up with an American Solider. Someone educate me on the Vietnam war?

• Are you referring to Vietnamese women?

America was in Vietnam supporting the south Vietnamese military against the north Vietnamese/Vietcong.

It wasn't 'America vs Vietnam'. More like a Vietnamese civil war with the US backing one side (and China the other).

When the US pulled out the south got overrun.

• @0112358 thanks for explaining, now I don't find it weird

• You know what i think it was?
    It was the god damn al queda

• "When a black woman dates a white man, that's like dating your opressor and you are disrespecting every black man in the entire world."

Get over yourself. As was said before, slavery is over. You have your rights now. Let go of the past. There's no need for this bullshit anymore.

• Exactly who are you "getting back at"?

• Supposedly, stripping white men from white women will get back at the white men in the past denying some black men their wants of a white woman.

• @Araya I'm 22 and none of my family was even here before 1900. I denied no one white women nor did anyone in my family you ignorant fuck.

• Well I got my white woman and kids so no black man dating white women is getting back at this oppressive patriarchal muthafucka.

• Sounds rather silly, anyone can date anyone stop making it a racial issue. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

• People should be able to date whoever the fuck they want. Whether it's someone white dating someone black, whether it's a man dating another man, someone Jewish dating someone Christian, someone 19 years old dating someone 40. I don't care.

• Nah, there's lots of other idiots out there.

• What's wrong with supporting races dating their own?

• There's nothing wrong with supporing people who date in their race (although I've gotta say, at a certain point that support becomes very odd), but that's not what you did here.

Your post is essentially saying that any romantic relationship between blacks and whites must be seen through the eyes of retribution and divisiveness. I find that notion ridiculous, and on top of that I think it's *highly* insulting to interracial couples.

• You may not be a racist, but you think in racist terms. For instance, what's wrong with the black population increasing?

Have you tried looking at people as individuals and not as representatives of their race?

• So, lemme get this straight, a black guy can fuck a white girl, but I (a white guy) can't fuck a black girl?

Retard. Do you realize how utterly stupid that sounds? People can fuck who they want.

• This is stupid

• I don't care I'll fuck black or white girls don't make no difference to me

• i live in a jewish neighbor.. y'kno how many of them own bmw's and mercedes? (german cars)

• Everyone is free to date whoever regardless of race

• thanks for the chuckles

• I don't know about all this that you're talking about. But white man/black woman couples aren't all that common anyway, at least not that I've ever seen.

• Yeah, you're right, definitely not on some racist issue. Clearly.

• It's 2016. Did you forget the bloodiest war in American history was over abolishing slavery?

• Black guys can get white girls, why can't white men get black women?

• Im just lik u

• Sounds pretty dumb, how about you go date a Muslim Arab from the middle east whom ran the longest slave trade in history that still continues today.

You're a part of the problem. Please don't attempt to cross racially spread your genes

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 31

• Troll better next time.

• I disagree solely because we should have evolved from this, majority of people who are alive and "young" now, we can't blame the past on races because we didn't have anything to do with it. I see your point of view totally, however I'm really open minded and I'm not going to let the past control who I date etc.

• I don't agree with the division in the human race.
    ,
    I know this is a little far fetched but...
    don't you take a look at animals how they blend together and don't care what colors, patterns, or stripes they have? They just love each other and reproduce?
    Why can't we be that way?
    Why put so much emphasis on what's out of our control?

If animals can do it.
    Then so can humans.
    HUMANS need to take note from animals on how to love.

• I disagree. I don't see what's the difference between a black man dating a white woman and black woman dating a white man.
    I don't understand why people see nothing wrong with a white woman dating a black man. But when a black woman is dating a white man, it's almost like she's committing a crime. And people say she hates herself or that she wants to have kids with lighter skin and "good" hair.
    Why can't a white man love a black woman, but a black man can love a white woman? It makes no sense to me.
    We can't forget about what happened in the past, but no one who's alive today is guilty of what happened 150 or 200 years ago.
    So, to me if a black woman is dating a white man, she's not dating her oppressor or disrespecting all black men in the world. She's dating the man she loves.

• I disagree. I don't concern myself with who other people choose to date though. It's none of my business if someone (man or woman) wants to date a person of a different race.

• This is absurd. My white uncle dated a black woman, and she was the warmest and brightest ray of sunshine I have ever met. Honestly, people like you really bug me with your wild ideas. We're all the same anyway... we just have different pigmentations in our skin.

• People should be allowed to follow their hearts when it comes to dating. Period. That's what I firmly believe.

That aside, I think your theory is offensive and only promotes racism and prejudice.

• Every person should date whoever they want to date. How is this even a question? And every black man is dating a white girl to "get back at the white man" and black women choosing to date a white man is her dating her "oppressor" and disrespecting every black man? Really?😏 God knows it couldn't just be because they're attracted to each other.

• Yes, you are the only person who thinks that. Have fun trolling.

• I think people should be able to be with whoever they want regardless.

• Disrespecting every black man in the world eh? Every last one of em huh?

• People can date whomever they choose. It's not like interracial relationships are a cakewalk and everyone is *super* supportive.

• Either you're racist or you have no idea what you're talking about.

• I do see your point.. I don't think i'd ever date a white though, my family is very problack and won't allow it. Not with the drama, haha.

• Thank you for not being one of those girls who date out of their race to piss off their family. #QUEEN 👑

• There's nothing wrong with that. I see a lot of black girls on here who say they prefer white guys and the ironic thing is, they're ugly as sin. Most attractive black girls prefer to stay with us hah.

• can you hear that noise? yes... that's the sound of thousand hearts of white guys shattering right there

• Date whoever you want. It's completely asinine for someone to manipulate emotions in order to "get back at white people for sins of the past" or for "being subdued by an oppressor".

I understand your thought process but I have literally heard it consistently... and it doesn't make sense. Especially since the majority of white people TODAY are NOT connected with the sins of the past.

• Please stop talking... Assholes shouldn't form words.

• "Im not racist, but I think whites are far superior to blacks" That's exactly what you just did there.

• Excuse me, but I can date whoever the hell I want. Why is skin color an issue? I dated a white guy before. Deal with it.

• Disagree because I don't care about races so long as they are a man and a woman.

• I don't know what u said just sound pretty stupid.

• You sound racist to me. Color has no love, just like gender.

• please shut your retarded ass up, you seem like a jealous white girl that goes out and spend all your little money on trying to purchase black women features and tanning. try again troll, life goes on.

• Everyone is entitled to be happy. So I disagree with you.

• I think neither should date white people

• You're racist.

• All races have been enslaved right? Including the European ones. that's all in the past.

• For nr personally its a penis sized thing as any white guys that aren't already taken are under equipped losers and thats why they're single. #dontwantnoshortshortdickmen

• Literally none of your reasoning makes sense. I gotta bend and snap the fuck out of here.

• Actually, it's statistically proven biracial people don't usually date black. But no race isn't real, so if your dating a white man it's one human dating another human and making a little human.

• More from Girls
    1