How to get the older man?

I'm really into this guy who plays in a band at a local bar I go to. I'm 21 and he's in his late 40s. The last time I went we were making eye contact and I swear I felt like he might be interested. The problem is I've never approached an older man in this way before. Should I approach him or wait and see if he'll approach me? What should I talk about? I'm not worried about being taken advantage of because id be fine with a one night stand. I just don't know how to get things flowing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be yourself and talk to the guy. I think that it is a good thing that you want to talk to him but just let the conversation flow and see where it goes from there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just talk to him like you would a guy your age.

Stop acknowledging the fact that there is a huge age difference.
    When you do, and enjoy the conversation for what it is, things will flow so much easier.

Worrying about the age, will allow you to overthink and freeze up.
    Just walk over to him, greet him, smile and show flirty actions.

What Guys Said 3

• Make eye contact with him again and don't look away, smile at him too. He'll probably be really flattered by the attention but might need a little encouragement if he's shy. Don't assume that just because he's older he's more confident or knows how to express his interest or attraction as well or better than you do.

• Older guys are just guys. Approach him like you would anyone else. He probably won't approach you because you're 21 and... well 99% of 21yr olds aren't interested in us 40-something guys.

• you like older men?

What Girls Said 1