Girlfriend says she feels numb?

My girlfriend and I are going through a tough time. We are taking a break and she says she feels numb about everything, towards me, to herself, to everything. I am in love with her and she is confused, she says feeling anything is painful and she just wants to be dead inside for a while. She said she is done feeling for the time being? What is she even talking about? She sounds like someone who is in love but got hurt. But I never hurt her and I love her. What could she mean? Any ideas? She said being dead for a while will give her strength to make a decision later? I am so lost and hurt and worried for her...

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, you're going through a tough time but you never hurt her? I sincerely doubt that, no offence.

Chances are she is either having interpersonal issues, you had done something you didn't realize, etc. I say just try to talk to her and ask her what is triggering all of this and what she wants to do to fix it.

Most Helpful Guy

• She's going through her own shit there's nothing you can do, wait it out and if it doesn't get better it'll prolly be over I'm afraid.

What Girls Said 2

• She's emotionally drained.

• How so though? What do you mean?

• She's spent all her emotional energy dealing with whatever it is between you two that caused this break. She's done. She's emotionally spent. She is void of feeling right now.

• She feels she has to put her heart in a locked cage in the closet, to gain perspective on the relationship mentally. Once all the "love" emotions are out of the picture, a person isn't blocked by trees but on the mountain looking down.

What Guys Said 0