What do you guys think is too much of an age gap for two people to be in a relationship?

When does it start to get too weird or strange when it comes to the age gap between two people in a relationship?

• 2-5
  • 6-10
  • 11-15
  • 16-20+

Most Helpful Guy

• If they are both over 18, who gives a shit? It's nobody's business anyway. They are both adults and what they do with their lives do not concern others.

Most Helpful Girl

• At under 18 3 or less

What Guys Said 9

• I can't place a number on it. To me it's more a maturity/common interest gap, and that can fluctuate wildly with individuals.

I have a 44-year old female friend who married a 23-year old. It's kind of crazy, given that she's old enough to be his mother, but she's kind of immature. She dresses in a way that makes her look like she's in her early 30s, her body and face look like that of someone in their 20s, and she tends to be pouty and act like a young girl.

Meanwhile the 23-year old is quite mature for his age. Both of them are very close friends of mine, and as crazy as the age numbers are, I'd say they make a lovely couple. By a miracle, they also ended up having a child together recently.

• Between Vote B and Vote C, that is between 6-15 years. 6 years is still fine but anywhere above 8-10 years becomes too much then.

• it depends on how old you are...
    10 year age gap isn't that bad when someone is 40 and the other 30
    but a 20 year old dating a 10 year old would be hella weird and illegal

• Don't use an absolute, use a relative difference to consider it.
    10% difference is acceptable, 15% difference gets high.

• Tbh age ain't nothing but a number. It cannot define how two people feel about eachother. If it is getting weird for either party best to leave it alone. Cause you two are in love doesn't mean the world enjoys it. Something to think about peace.

• Age is just a number. It's really about how they connect.

• It depends on how old you are. A 10 year gap for an 90 year old is nothing but I'd be geeking out if a 14 year old dated a 24 year old. So I think it's smarter to think about a the age gaps in terms of percentages of thier life. 10 years is 10% of a 100 year olds life. It's not much. 10 years is 50% of a 20 year olds life. So if a 20 year old dates a 30 year old they've literally lived that twenty year old's entire lifetime plus another half of thier lifetime and that's a little creepy. 7 years is 50% a 14 year olds life so it feels creepy for them to date a 21 year old. So in my opinion of the age gap is more than 20% of your life time you shouldn't do it.

• Scratch that 15%

• I'm 16, I could never imagine dating someone older than 18 or younger than 15.

• This is so interesting. Sociologists have studied this and have stated a formula: You take half of the older partner's age and add 7 years to establish a limit to age difference. Using the formula a 16 year old should choose a date no younger than 15 (your conclusion). An 18 year old should choose to date no younger than 16 (also your conclusion).

• @RasmusAiken that is pretty interesting. I guess we just naturally have our limits for ideal dating age

• 25 years of age gap is definitely too much (it's a quarter of a century).

What Girls Said 8

• it depends how old they are. for teens i say more than 2 years is too much. in 20s maybe 5 years. but then once you're in your 30s eh maybe like 10-15 years?

• 10 years is the max for me... For the guy being older. For the girl being older, 5 years. If it`s a guyxguy relationship, or a girlxgirl relationship, then 7-8 is the max...

I know, weird way of thinking...

• I don't see any problem between someone being older than the other
    But if I was 13 I wouldn't be dating a 30 yr old

• There is no such thing. As long as you are both over 21, the age difference no longer matters. I prefer older men. 10-20 years older.

• If they're both adults, I don't think there is an inappropriate age.

• More than 10 years, in my opinion.

• 15 is pushing it for me. But I'd say over 20 years might be too much. But I don't know their life, they might get along great.

• MY grandparents had a difference of 17 years and tHAT was true love! I grew up with the idea that age doesn't matter as long as you're okay with it. And you ain't a minor.