What does it mean when he says he wants to go on a break?

My boyfriend said last night that he wants to go on a break so he can focus on school and that it'll just be until he sure he's gonna pass and that he still loves me. But I don't understand

doesn't matter, we're done.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I can relate. I studied hard and found it difficult to be in a relationship and focused on studying at the same time. I had a difficult major and on top of that I squeezed about 8 years of college into 6 years. I can relate to "studying coming first". I couldn't afford to have to repeat a class or to get a bad grade. // Fast forward a couple of decades and I am very successful. // So back to your question. He very well might want to concentrate on school. If he says he still loves you he probably does. Sit back and see how it goes from here. Keep in touch with him but don't stress out over the situation.

Most Helpful Girl

• He need space I guess. You really need to talk to him and how u feel.

What Guys Said 5

• I might be misreading this, as some very experienced people are giving very negative answers, but I've done this before to women I really cared about, including my wife.

There were just times when my work became so intense and I felt like I was getting behind on everything in life that I just needed to take a break from her and fix everything.

I got back together after about a month. I wasn't interested in other women, I just needed to do a lot of things I was getting behind on.

• If it's anything like my case, a sign was that I was dating my now-wife back then and I couldn't even focus on talking to her at dinner. I was distant because my mind was obsessed with some loose ends at work when I left the computer (software developer).

• It probably means that your relationship is over.

• It means that he is going to stick his thing into other women's things. He is done with you. Your thing is no longer useful for him, so he's going to find other things to stick his thing into.

• It means the guy has priorities.

• If he says he needs a brake then get ur foot on the clutch and sit him down... let him explain what he really meant. a break can last forever
    he can pass an exam without a break wid less chatting, calls and sex

What Girls Said 5

• It means he wants to go fuck some other girl (s) and not feel guilty about it 'cause "but we were on a break".

• this exact thing happened to me. He even added the part about still loving me as well. from personal experience, I think he's being honest. My boyfriend and I got back together after a week of taking a break, and the break actually helped us if anything because we both missed each other. dw about it too much. it will be fine. he probably just really needs to fucs on school

• That he wants to fuck someone else. Going on "breaks" is silly really.

• Ask him if he really loves you or wants to break up. Say he has to be honest. You have to find out

• I wish I could help , my ex said he wanted a break too , and after a few days he wanted an actual breakup , so we broke up sadly. He was already talking to another girl