If you are 33 and have never had a girlfriend should you give up?

I mean women my age are all either married or have boyfriends. The only women that are single are women that are about 21 and they are too young for me.

• Yup, you need to give up.
  • No, don't give up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't give up man. I'm 24 and never had a boyfriend. It's sad that so many people are taken by the age of 30 but it's not the end of the road for you. There are plenty of people out there who are in the same situation. Just keep praying to God and he'll send you someone that will be right for you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Never stop til you die bro.

What Girls Said 7

• no, don't give up~ i was a month away from 28 when i finally met someone worth keeping around (i'd been in relationships before, but i never actually "loved" the person i was with).

in the meantime, do what makes you happy. join groups that involve socializing with people who have similar interests, and at least you know you'll have at least one thing in common.

good luck & have fun!

-von

• I have an uncle who started dating a serious girlfriend in his sixties. He was engaged in his early 20s and it went bad, so he took a long time off. I think she was married and divorced and did the same. And they are so very happy together! So I don't think it's ever too late.

• Um.

Have you ever wondered how come you've survived for 33 years without a relationship? Huh?

Because it's not oxygen, food, shelter, water or money. Romantic relationships consist of the physical aspect plus the emotional aspect.

Most people who have friends/family and/or are independent don't need much emotional support from a romantic partner.

I guess because everybody else has a girlfriend/boyfriend you may feel you are inadequate, but it may be other way round. Maybe you are too evolved for such stupidity.

I'd say don't give up. Keep practicing. Relationships are a whole other skill set that you will need to develop.

^.^

• Whats the point of giving up?
    However how the hell is possible that someone never had a girlfriend at 33?

• It is actually more common than you might think to have never had a girlfriend at 33. I have heard of women that have never had boyfriends at that age to.

• -.- Not everyone gets girlfriends or boyfriends in their life you know. Also people get their first girlfriend or boyfriend at different ages. I have heard of people that were in their 50s when they got their first boyfriend or girlfriend. There are also some things that make a huge difference that no one likes to admit do to.

• Wow, you say you know of women around your age who have never had a boyfriend before?

• Age does not define maturity. The majority of my successful relationships have been with men 20 years older than myself. I have no regrets. I was with one man for 4 years. We had a very easy break-up, & we are still platonic friends to this day. I find that older men have the maturity level that is equal with that of my own. Whatever works.

Maybe instead of "giving up", just focus on yourself for awhile. Do things to advance your career, or find hobbies that you can enjoy solo. In the midst of doing so, you may meet a wonderful woman with similar interests!

Good luck & best of wishes to you. No one deserves to be alone, including you <3

• Haha I do not agree with your comment of age does not define maturity. There are more mature people in their 30s than in their teens for example. In my experience I have found most not all women that are younger than me are very immture. I have actually been think of some goals I want to achieve. One of them is to buy an apartment. The problem is I am ugly to women, women only say that I am not but it is true that I am ugly. Anyway thank you for what you wrote in your last sentence about best wishes to me. 😊

• I am actually so scared of women now that I am scared to go out in public. I am sorry.

• I spend most of my time at home because I am scared of women.

• No u need to try harder!

• Age is not a prob as long as u both like each other. so don't give up.

What Guys Said 15

• If you ask those questions at this point and stage of your life then that means you are still worried and haven't made up your mind yet. From my perspective that's what I'm thinking and feeling or get that kind of vibe. It sounds like you are down and depressed that you have not found anyone right for you and that you still have some hope left in you that you want to be able to marry someone and have a family or something.

I'd have to agree that it sucks when you see all these other ladies your age all have been taken and committed to somebody else already.

But I've also feel, well, good luck to them if they ever run into relationship problems because I'm single and I never really need to be concerned about a future possible breakup or divorce, or worry if the other person might be cheating, or worry about the kids.

Besides, I have enough problems and frustrations of my own to deal with that I don't want any more possible ones coming from a relationship.

Anyways, do you have all of your other things in life all set and in order?

Such as you already have a career that is stable enough and you can afford to make a decent and stable living, etc? Such as not struggling and living from paycheck to paycheck. Financial stuff will factor into the results of Relationships whether you want it to or not, it will be an important factor that determines the end result will either be a success and failure.

What about debts? No shit tons of student debts or some other kind of debts, like mortgages that are not paid off? Ideally it's best to be completely debt-free but we all know that's a very hard one unless we were already wealthy to begin with, but as long as you have this under control and managed well then it should be alright.

What makes you happy? What you you really want to do with your life? What brings you fulfillment? What are your aspirations?

If you have already most of those things if not all those things sorted out and in order and in control then I think it would make things significantly easier to focus on pursuing a genuine long term committed relationship.

Because if I remembered correctly, someone once said "Happiness starts with you. Not with your relationships, not with your job, not your money, but with YOU."

Just don't go into a relationship with the mindset thinking it's the one and only thing that will ever truly bring you absolute happiness and fulfillment because that's NOT where your Happiness is going be ultimately determined.

• You should have found a viable alternative by now, which is to say you've chosen a path in life that works for you and makes you happy, and it doesn't involve women.

That said, you shouldn't give up if you're unhappy. Pursue that happiness. You have plenty to choose from as the "7 or less" club (being married for 7 years or less) initiate divorces with their first husbands after getting married at a young age (teens-early 20's).

That's mature fruit falling from the tree and into your lap. Just be content with dealing with kids and daddy drama.

• Well.. if you are actually interested in relationships, you should never give up till your last breath. But if you're disinterested, then it's a different story.

In my case, I have been in relationships earlier, but now I'm beginning to question if dating is really worth all the efforts. Maximum efforts for minimum returns, especially for men. I often feel like I'd be happier being by myself, and earn a shit-load of money.

• Don't give up that's for the bitter and broken men like me. That means your heart should be fresh, there's a woman out there that would love a guy like you, just watch out for the narcissists.

I have basically never had a girl friend (at least one that loved me back and she was my wife -and then an friends with benefits two different times for a short time but I didn't want to break their hearts so I stopped).

• I know someone who was 44 and never had a girlfriend either but it's okie I know it sucks up at times , but I don't think people find their true love by looking for it , it just hits you in the perfect time

• You already gave up. If you were on the path of self development and evolution you wouldn't ven ask this question. And remember its never too late my uncle married at 52.

• I've basically given up, and I'm a few years younger than you.
    But as for advice, if looking and not finding makes you sad. Then stop looking. Love might find you.

• No, though it suggests that something should change.

• That I go to Japan and fine a lady and not a bitch like western world girls.

• Give up on women your own age and date younger. I just turned 30 and I have gotten to the age where most of the woen. wikipedia. org/wiki/Ptosis_(breats) men I meet that are my own age either have a bunch of kids or are a crazy with a bunch of cats

• work harder dont give up. make urself attractive

• No but it does suggest that a different approach is needed.

• you can always go to nevada. prostitution is legal there.

• How do you give up exactly? Is it like some sort of dance? Like a Giving Up Rite of Passage?

• It's never too late man Keep your head up and maybe work on your confidence
    And whoever voted for, "give up", is a real piece of work

• I am too scared to even go out in public because I am scared of being near women.

• I understand. There's other methods of dating though. Maybe making friends online, women interested in the same things you are. You might feel more comfortable in that setting, and once you feel ready maybe meet in person. Baby steps. It's okay to feel timid, it's pushing past that first wall that will help you achieve progress towards meeting someone

• There is a girl I like but she is much younger than me. :(

• no but makes you a loser.