Why are white women so closed-minded?

A Princeton University study in 2006 found that:

"One of the most striking findings is that white women who describe themselves as slim, slender, athletic, fit or average are nearly seven times as likely to exclude black men as dates as women who describe themselves as thick, voluptuous, a few extra pounds, or large."

According to a 2011 study on over one million dating website profiles:

"More than 80% of the online dating contacts initiated by whites were to other whites, with only 3% going to blacks. This trend held for both men and women, young and old."

Another massive study of online daters found that:

"Over 90% of white women who state a racial preference prefer not to date Blacks, East Indians, Middle Easterners and Asians."

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd like to see comparisons of the statistics white women received on those points, like interracial dating, who initiated first, etc., with the statistics of how women of other races answered those questions.

Last I checked, most cultures/religions to which white women belong, so European and some variant of Christianity, are the least repressive and intolerant of their followers dating or being with men of other races/religions...

• white women are the least likely group out of all to go interracial. y'all just a bunch of racists

• keep trying.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because so many black people have a profile picture of them wearing baggy clothing with hoodies, strange colors and they are just trying to look all hood or something. It's simply just unattractive. I know plenty of black people that get lots of white girls but they are very different from most blacks I meet.\

They dress in clean clothes that don't have strange patterns or colors that look silly because they are so loud. They have hair that isn't dyed, they don't wear a hoodie indoors. If they do any drugs including pot, they rarely allow themselves to be in a picture anywhere near that stuff. They try in life. That doesn't mean they are successful, but it does mean they aren't ok with sitting at home all day doing nothing when they are 20.

The truth is, I am the same way when I see white or black girls on dating sites.

What Girls Said 13

• That's bullshit. I date white guys primarily because of the greater commonality between us. What would I ever have in common with a black guy or some Asian guy? I don't date guys just based on physical attraction, I do it based on my connection with them. That's also why most black women want to date black men, because y'all have so much in common.

Stop whining about other people's dating preferences. No one has to give you a chance regardless of your race.

• so your admitting you want to have white kids with a white guy? basically a white supremacist?

• @BWGUSA LOL I know. I have no trouble shutting down really pushy guys who think they have some in that doesn't actually exist.

• I just think he's some virgin dude in his mom's basement that gets extremely jealous of white girls with white guys. Deep insecurity problems probably. @TayTay21

• Who cares? And I mean really? Why is anyone concerned with what race of person someone else is or is not attracted to?

• "i just date white boys"

• @BWGUSA girl it was all fine! I don't blame you. Hard not to get carried away dealing with ignorance

• Yes clearly you're being the bigger man in this entire situation you have gotten yourself into with everyone.

• A guy's race doesn't matter to me.

He's got to have a very sweet personality and be reasonably attractive. If I get the impression he's sweet, I'll reach out.

• "basically i just date white dudes and only wrote this to look good"

• It's pointless to argue with someone who has to be anonymous to say this. Hope you have a goodnight. :)

• bye :) enjoy your white boys

• my question is- why is it so important? We're not close minded, every girl has her preference in what she likes and finds attractive. That study in my opinion is wrong and just plain dumb... Im sure you have a type and Im sure you have a specific type that you are more interested in than the next person. It has absolutely nothing to do with race.

• your trying to justify your racism

• your just saying everyone has a preference so this is lie. every white girl who say that has a white dude in tow. you know you date just white boys

• oh honey, thats bullshit. I dated every race.. okay not every. I dated a black guy, mexican, puerto rican, white, russian, italian, Asian..

Now let me ask you, am I close minded? No... guys are the ones that are close minded with their preferences.

• Nope just no.

• what? your racist?

• @BWGUSA haha... I know I wish negative people with just stop posting nonsense. Remeber its one jerk not everyone is backwards!

• two racist ass crakkkas

• More rocket science

• There are more white people online in dating sites...

• I find this study hilarious. I dont discriminate against race and religion. However sometimes a person of a different culture may not fit into our own family ideals and beliefs. I AM speaking from experience as i was dating a turkish muslim for 3 years. It didn't work out. Now im dating a half aboriginal. The color of skin doesn't change a person.
    FYI im the whitest of white.

• okay?

• Okay? Youve basically said white chicks are racist.
      Everybody is entitled to prefrences when dating. Im sure you have them too.
      At the end of the day you have to be attracted to the person you're with to some degree.

• Just another guy pissed that he can't get the white pussy.

• let me guess. your pussy is reserved for white boys?

• thats right. you know the BBC is superior, dont you?

• He's probably just a virgin loser

• Maybe theyre not close mind but just have better taste than others...

• For me, as a white girl, a white guy is the best I could ever need. <3

• Stop getting your statistics from online dating in the first place. And unless you haven't noticed, mixed kids are getting more and more every year that goes by, and it's usually a white woman.

• actually white women are the least likely group in amerikkka to have mixed kids. y'all trying to justify y'all racism

• As a white woman, I'd have been open to dating a guy I found attractive and got along with who happened to be black (or whatever), but not a black (or whatever) guy who thinks he MUST have a white girlfriend only. I encountered some of those types and it's like you aren't even a real person to them.

• It's like we're just a fashion statement or something to them :'( nty! I'll stick to my white men

• Idgaf if I am considered racist or closed-minded for dating white guys. I love my own race.(:

What Guys Said 10

• Why do Armenians seem to only go for Armenians? Why do Muslims only go for other Muslims? Why do cowboys seem to only go for cowgirls?

Why don't biologists marry plumbers? Seems unfair.

This "prejudice" dating behavior exists in many forms, not just the racial one.

Find a study that highlights the frequency that a Muslim daties an Atheist, and you'll be thankful that your odds are so good.

• I just wish people here on GAG would just leave white people alone. How many times do people have to ask "white women are this" or "white guys are that" just let them be. If they want to date white people, let them. If they don't, also let them. Why are people so concerned with what other people are dating? People need to mind their business, to be honest.

• Stop your butthurt whining. It's so pathetic of you to come on here all the time posting "questions" in which you accuse white girls of racism just because you can't get laid. You remind me of that loser who shot up his community college in Oregon. He couldn't get any pussy so he killed people. That's smart. Thank god his loser genetics died with him.

• hmm.. C- troll.

• White men is a racial preference for several races and ethnicities

• I think you pulled all of this from your ass lol.

• What's wrong with that? Most black people date each other and bla bla bla. Why have so many got a problem with people dating their own race? Fuck off and go and do your own thing

• obviously these findings are wrong since i have seen the opposite happen

• Aww some little guy just wants to hump a white chick, huh?

• Because most white people believe that black people hate white people?

• Yeah, seriously. Most black guys hate white guys but want to jump the first hot white girl they see.

• Who doesn't want to jump the first hot girl he sees, regardless of race? 😄

@taytay21