How to survive army long distance relationships?

My boy friend is leaving for 3 months without a phone for army. And he's in another state for 8 more months after that. How do I cope with this? What do I do? We've only been dating for a month but we both have such a connection for each other... help

Most Helpful Guy

• These are tough relationships and aren't for everyone but millions have made it work. All the services have support groups for things like this

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going through that right now. I know how you feel :/. My boyfriend is gone for 6 months.
    You have to be able to be on your own. If you can't, I don't suggest dating someone who is in the military. You're gonna have to write letters to him and send care packages.

-To cope, you need to talk to him about how you feel! I held my feelings in for so long, and over time I just got upset because I had so many things I wanted to say and kept thinking about what was making me upset.
    - It's okay to cry! Leading up to my boyfriend leaving I cried a lot. But we had a lot of serious conversations about how we can make things work. Spend as much time together as you can before he leaves.
    - If you can, find people who are also girlfriends of someone in the military because people who aren't dating someone in it won't understand how you're feeling and will say horrible things about your relationship.

• oh and also, he will get time for phone calls, but they are very limited and come maybe 2 weeks in.

• Thank you! This was helpful! How long have you been dating him though? Is it crazy for me to go through with this even though we kinda just met?

• We've been together for almost 1 1/2 years :)
      And no, its not crazy.

What Guys Said 2

• It's going to be difficult, handling long distance relationships are stressful.

• Ma father have do so many time but ma mother is nice he always get busy in her life ma father call her sometime from other root

What Girls Said 0