Does anyone else feel that social media has killed romance and relationahips?

These days, whether a guy/ girl likes you is measured by whether he/she is following you on instagram, Facebook, snapchat etc. Whether that person likes our posts, pictures, everything matters. Ghosting has become incredibly easy, just block the other person. Worst of all, is being dumped on Facebook. Personally, I would prefer texts and calls over likes and comments on my posts. What do you guys think?

Relationships* - sorry about the typo.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really to be honest, because I don't even have most social media and i"m not one to even publicize my relationship on instagram or snapchat. I care about more the communication we have like calls and or texts over social media and thats the way it should be. I care about the next time I'm gonna see them and could care less about what the hell they post haha.

What Guys Said 11

• Yup, that is why my girl and I say... no texting when we are together. No texting in a restaurant and I have a wicker basket for phones when my daughter has her friends over.

Same thing goes for the laptop... if you are together then no interference from social media or phones.

• I prefer a simple phone call or FaceTime to stay connected with friends and family. Even like to Skype... at least you get that face to face time.

• I don't use social media. At all. No Twatter, No Facecoot, No Instaslam, nothing. I think I made a Snipchat once, but I never used it. All my interactions are in person and it's worked fine so far.

• Yes, to some extent I think that's true.

• No. What you post on there will kill your relationship.

• I've never been too concerned with social media.
    Never followed/friended a girlfriend.

I don't think social media has done much to negatively or positively affect relationships.
    But then again I wouldn't know.

• Popularity breeds desire, so yes it would. But I think the breakaway of men being nice and white knight and all that shit is the true reason for the death of romance. Social media just made this much easier.

• I believe it has a negative net impact on relationships, yeah.

• LOL HAHAHHA ROMANCE GET THAT SHIT OUT MY FACE AS IF WOMEN WANT ROMANCE LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPxVSCfoYnU

• absolutely

• almost.

• I agree. there's hardly any face time anymore. No just walking up to someone and getting to know them without the other thinking its weird.

What Girls Said 4

• Um nah! Thats crazy!

• it depends on how the people use it.

• Yeah I do. I'm going through it right now. I prefer texts over fb and instagram

• Yes I feel like it has had a very negative impact on today's society overall