I matched with this International football player on Tinder, how to deal?

I didn't know that he is even famous. We matched then he sent me message then i looked at his profile. His instagram account is linked so i got to know he is famous. Seems legit.

He wants a good time and I am not up for it. Im just curious how he is even on Tinder lol Should I pretend that I dont know he is famous? by the way he is in my country on holiday.

I showed his pics and tinder account to my friend who is European so he knows better and he told me it is really him because in my friends hometown, his friends there matched with him also. And by linking an instagram account on Tinder requires password.

Most Helpful Guy

• you have to realize that there are tens of thousands if not hundred of thousands of football players professional football players.
    But most of them are unknown individuals even in their country. Based on their behavior, I would call them chavs. Individuals with nothing to offer, that think of themselves as some kind of superstar, when in fact they play football in 4th tier for an unknown/obscure team and can't spell right.
    Sure that they will create social media profiles and write there "Football player"... how else would you expect them to attract girls? Not to mention the kind of girls they attract in such situations, but hey, who am I to judge, they deserve each other.

It wouldn't surprise me for a somewhat known football player to have a tinder profile. I mean Frank Ribery (a pretty known football player playing for Bayern) was hiring prostitutes, some were even under aged.

So before caving in to his advances or whatever, imagine what kind of people you are dealing with. So yes, he will definitely fuck you, take some pics, show them to his friends, maybe even give them to a tabloid newspaper to get some first page attention for his "remarkable achievements"

• Agreed! But nowhere in his tinder profile that showed/says he is a football player. I got to know through his instagram photos.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if he's legit this famous bloke and you said you're not up for a "good time", then simply ignore his messages.

You said it yourself, he's only visiting on holiday and has matched with your other friends too.

He's only looking for a quick shag and probably expects to get plenty of pussy due to his status. Don't entertain him unless you're into getting pumped and dumped by this dude.

I'd most likely engage the guy for trolling purposes, though.😛

• Thats true. I trolled him and I didn't reply anymore hahah he asked if i have snapchat. God knows what he will send there haha

• It's probably a scam/catfish anyway, highly doubt it's actually the dude.

Hell, could even be a dangerous thing where they trick girls into meeting them somewhere and kidnap. Usually if a girl is naive enough to believe she landed a celebrity date through Tinder, she's probably easy to lead into a trap. A bit extreme, but hey - anything's possible.😅

What Guys Said 8

• Linking to the actual football players page isn't proof. Anyone can do that. I could put up a link to leonardo dicaprio on tinder and then go to his twitter page and put that link in the description. Bam I just did what that one guy did.

If it was legit he would have just moved on to another girl by now because he probably gets 1000 matches and there are definitely a bunch who wouldn't be this hesitant so there's no reason to wait for you.

• If you link your instagram on Tinder, the instagram photos will show below the profile of your tinder. Not just links. Also, his photos on tinder doesn't show any football photos, during our conversation he didn't even mention that he is a football player. I get your point though. You can't just trust anybody online now.

• I don't understand why you're interacting with him if he wants a good time and you aren't up for it.

• I was curious a bit but my friend suggested to troll him so i did.

• I can't imagine a scenario where a celebrity would use tinder.

• Indeed. I dont believe on that too. But I don't know, he has 9k followers in instagram and 65k in twitter. His latest photo in instagram is near my place.

• lol. I hope you know it's just going to be sex right?

• I asked him if he is after for one night stand he replied "No no, just want to meet up as you look gorgeous x" but he invited me on his hotel which was funny. Trolled him after that.

• So as per my friends advice i said "I'll come round, but I have a fantasy which I hope you can fulfill" he was very excited and asked about this fantasy. I replied "F*** me while wearing (their opponents team name) top" He was laughing and said "i'll happily f*** you" i stopped replying after that. He kept sending messages though "hurry your ass up here. Are you coming now?" Etc hahaha

• :) pretty funny

• Sitting over here one message in, and already fabricating false realities.

Get down to brass tacks and ask for his phone number.

• Just tell him you don't like him. Footballers are normal people too.

• And who is this football player? What team does he play for?

• I dont want to divulge his name but I can say that he is playing for UK.

• Meet him for coffee. You'll at least get a good story out of it.

What Girls Said 8

• Not that familiar with Tinder but I am Very Educated as far as Scams and cons go Online.
    However, go Slow with this Joe, do your own Extensive homework and if you Do decide To Meet... Greet in a well known place with a face that You Say... Seems legit.
    It 'Seems' to me that Someone this 'Famous' is Not going to Ruin his reputation by trying to tackle Someone else with 'He wants a good time,' but in this day and age, who Knows what Goes.
    Be on your guard and just be careful.
    Good luck. xx

• Just be natural, if it comes up then it comes up!

• And you're sure you're not being catfished? Meet up or Skype Skype is safer. People go through a lot of lengths sometimes to be a person they aren't. Famous people can have things like a tinder I'm sure most of them don't bc there's a lot of psychos out here.

• LOL he's lying.

• A famous person wouldn't use tinder. Stop trolling.

• he's after a lay, you up for that?

• I don't know, seems very sketch, id be careful. Could be some weirdo.

• I bet he is pretending to be a famous football player so that girls can contact him. I doubt he is who he says he is