Would you date someone who worked a minimum wage job?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it is about loving someone not how much money they make.

• Thank you for MHA.

• Those comments on that question I showed you are because women are bitter.

What Girls Said 12

• Considering the government-financed incentives that such a person would have to simply quit that job and live off the public dole? Honestly, sticking with the job would have at least something to say about his character, commitment, etc.

I'd have no problem with this. I mean, I've been actively turned off by wealthy men for my whole life, so, let's be srs here.

Dude would have to have other things going for him, obvs.

• If he is a hard worker and is doing the best he can, then sure. I haven't ways had the best paying job either, so I do understand. However!!! If he is settling and is not pushing for more, I do not think I could stay with him. Let's be realistic. Bills are expensive and if you can't pay your bills, you don't need a boyfriend/girlfriend.

• No I wouldn't. I'm a high-earner and I pay my way. I like the nicer things in life and it just wouldn't fit in with my lifestyle.

• yes better than me!

• If he's attractive and I like him as a person, yes. My first ex was making minimum wage and second ex was unemployed when I met him and for about half of our relationship.

• Um.

I don't think I'd date someone who was on minimum wage. But if we were dating, then circumstances forced him onto minimum wage, that wouldn't matter.

And it's not because of the money itself it's because I'd want someone who's been to university, who can keep up with me intellectually.

I'd want to be with someone who aspired to have a better job than simply minimum wage.

:\

• Yes, everyone starts somewhere n then they go up...

• I'd be open to it, but would like to know more. At my age, why is he still working cooking fries or stocking shelves?

My last boyfriend was a broke laborer, but only managed to get himself to work half the time he had the opportunity. Then he wanted me to be free to accommodate his devil-may-care lifestyle. I was raised in a rural area where both men and women are expected to hustle, so it was both a turn off that he was lazy AND super annoying when he wanted to goof off smoking pot and playing guitar and not come over til 9 p. m. to start our dates because he didn't have to get up for work.

I have a soft spot for tradesmen, personally. I'd never want to admit it in public, but some of my tastes are a bit intellectual when it comes to books and such, but I don't know if I mesh well with college guys as much as smart blue collar guys.

Most of my men have had jobs like electrician, auto body man, etc.

• If he is a positive person and enjoys his job, sure.

• Yes, it's still a job, i'm not dating him for his money but because i genuinely feel something for him... not about how much money he has, people put way too much emphasis on money alone, yes we need it to survive but there are other things besides.

• Yes...

• I only date people that work at a maximum wage job.

What Guys Said 6

• sure, why not.

• I mean... Is she studying, trying to move up, heading to management, gaining experience for a better job etc?
    Then yeah.
    If she's just working part time at Mickey D's and not doing anything else because she doesn't feel the need to... Then no.

• Chances are that I wouldn't.

• A girls job or lack there of ain't gonna effect if I like her or not.

• Considering the number of non-working female spouses in this country making *less* than minimum wage, I'm betting the majority of heterosexual men in this country are going to say yes.

• Her job isn't important , if I love her , I will marry her even if she doesn't have job