What would you say if someone you were dating had traces of other exes, except for one?

A bit of an odd question, but something just doesn't feel right. I don't know if I'm just being overly paranoid or what, but my gut is telling me there's more to it.. I've been dating this guy for a while now and he still has pictures of his exes, he has no problem talking about the relationships and sees them as being just a part of his past and holds no hard feelings (not a problem for me). That said, there is this one ex that he doesn't like to talk about at all, there is no trace of her and if it wasn't for his family I would've thought she was a made up person. It's hard to explain, but he's EXTREMELY bitter and it's been years since they were together. All I know is his family loved her, they were engaged and apparently crazy about each other and that he dumped her.. He literally got rid of everything that reminded him of her, pictures, hand written letters, gifts she gave him all gone. I've tried talking to him about it, but he blows it off and talks about how much he hates her and never wants to see her again. He couldn't even give me a reason for dumping her. It's as if he were trying to convince me that he didn't have any feelings for her, to be honest I'm starting to think he still loves her and maybe has a serious case of regret. Thoughts?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think is regret what he feels but it looks like he caught her cheating on him. She probably hurt him in some way, crushed his heart and ego.

• That's the thing that doesn't make sense because, he told me that all his other exes cheated on him, but can't give me a straight answer about her.

• This time may have been different, he must have had deep feelings for her. You said they were engaged, he most likely saw her as the mother of his children and the woman he would spent the rest of his life with.
      I know it's hard to let go of this kind of thing but don't let this past relationship of his haunt yours. If he's with you it's because he wants to be with you. If you're too insecure about that, I think you should move on. Good luck ;)