Do guys really have sidechicks?

I keep seeing people talking about it, but do guys seriously cheat so often that it's become a joke? I'm mostly just wondering because it seems like guys are more inclined to cheat these days because of jokes like this...

Update: I define "sidechick" in this case as "I'm supposed to be in a committed relationship, yet there's a girl I hook up with that my girlfriend doesn't know about".

Most Helpful Girl

• Both men and women, women just are more quiet about it. I know what you mean that, it kind of makes me not even want to get married in the future, but yes a lot of people have side people but a lot of people are also capable of staying faithful.

What Guys Said 20

• Most guys dont, but the ones that do dont really value their women, and the fact they are cheating really is like a hilarious joke to them. They also tend to be very loud and persistant so it seems like there are more of them than there are.

• some guys cheat. most don't... this guy definitely doesn't

• Self centered guys do it to not get hurt if it doesn't work out well with the girl they mostly have their eyes on.

• I've never cheated.
    I've only been cheated on. That was by my first wife.

• I always had side chicks but never when I was dating someone. But yeah, girls on the side you can call. Yeah, usually a few at the same time typically.

• That's not an issue, I mostly meant it in terms of "I'm in a serious relationship, but there's a girl I hook up with on the side". I guess I should have made that clear. But honestly I think it's perfectly okay to have multiple partners when you're unattached, I just don't think it's okay to cheat, you know?

• Yeah, I will not cheat. Agreed.

• I've never had one and seriously doubt most guy do. You need to be in a relationship first to have a someone on the side. QA what precentage of guys you know personally that actually have GF's? At 20 probably not that many.

• Well considering all the guys I know are my friend's boyfriends... Can't really judge on that.

• really? You don't have a single guy friend/acquaintance out side of that? I can see why you'd ask this question. Again no, the phenomenon of cheating hasn't changed in a long time.

• Nope none at all. Well, unless you count family. But yeah, I guess...

• This question is phrased so stupidly, answering it with a yes or a no would be incorrect. But you know, since this called "girls ask guys" I guess that is kind of warranted. Anyways; obviously not.

Think of the happiness bar from the Sims. Some people can stay happy with one person, some people can stay happy with themselves, and others can stay happy with multiple persons.

• Not a chance... How could I look my girl in the face and be comfortable doing something like that!!

• Dirtbags do...

• I never cheated nor will I ever cheat. Jokes are just jokes, anyone that takes them as cues is fucked in the head.. picture that however you will.

• I think it's pretty uncommon, and I don't respect a man who does it.

I don't judge him for his sex organs, but he's a coward for lying.

• I wouldn't say they have side chicks it's just now in days and this includes women like to keep their options open. Which in turn makes them to talk to multiple people.

• I don't, and I never will.

• Why not lol

• Nope, I don't and I never will. I'm faithful to my girlfriend and I expect her to be the same.

• Not all guys have sidechicks. I don't have that.

• Assholes do

• i wish i had a chick period lmao

• No guy i know or have known in decades had a regular side girl that any of us knew about.

Cheating isn't totally random, there are some circles where the guys do it, and some where it's really frowned on.

• Guys have side chicks out of worry that their girlfriend will cheat on them...

What Girls Said 9

• Some guys have side chicks...

Some girls, have side dicks

• No not guys. Jerks.

• Both men and women are inclined to cheat these days. It acceptable in the eyes of most people.

• Yea, not all guys. But girls have side dudes too, I don't know why people do relationships in 2016 if they aren't going to be committed. Is it for the Facebook status and instragram pics? I don't know

• I feel the same way. It's so ridiculous.

• Some do. But I see no reason to associate myself with a guy who engaged in such behavior

• If the guy has options yes otherwise he's happy with just 1 main chick

• Some do, some don't. Plenty of guys here do but that doesn't make the majority of guys scumbags.

• Some do. Plenty of girls have side guys too.

• Yes, they do. It's like bragging rights how many they're sleeping with at one time.