Difference between a girl playing hard to get and stringing me along?

How can I tell the difference?

Most Helpful Girl

• A girl stringing you along will be "hot and cold": she'll tease you sexually and then act like she doesn't want anything to do with you. She'll also try and manipulate you in some way so that you can keep your interest in her: like saying that she has plenty of other guys who want her, but she chose to be with you.

I don't think there's such a thing as "playing hard to get". Some women just are. They don't know your intentions with her, so they're cool to you until they get to know you better, slow to warm up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its easy if she is playful and rejects you once or twice and then she agrees to go out with you or do anything with you then she's just playing hard to get , or if she seems uninterested but at the same time she gives you attention and she agrees to go out with you then she's interested.

However if always has an excuse , if she just knows who you are when she needs something , if she gives you no attention whatsoever yet doesn't like it when you dont give her attention and she refuses to do anything with you its safe to assume that she just wants you there for support but not for an actual relatonship.

• Okay she flirts heavily then backs off and when I don't chase her when she backs off she comes back around. Rinse and repeat but we still haven't been on a date even though proposed a date and she didn't get back to me in a timely manner so I made one plans and she has also proposed a date but then she flaked on her own date proposal, now she's trying to subtly get my attention again - well has been for a little over a month but hasn't directly contacted me.

Her excuse for getting back to me so late the first time was she had been busy with work and the reason she flaked on her own date proposal was work.

How would you consider that?

• Well she did ask you out so i guess that means she is interested in you , now about the work and busy think , thats total crap , i mean really no one is that busy no matter how you look at it , my advice is to talk to her again , set a date , if she agrees to go out and has no excuse then you're good to go , she likes you. if she refuses for any reason whatsoever then leave it and find another girl she is just keeping your around for emotional support

What Girls Said 1

• Playing hard to get is when the person is into you but makes you work for it/them and they'll eventually cave in.

Stringing someone along is pretty obvious though they may flirt with you occasionally they don't show much interest in you, won't give you the time of day, uses you to their advantage, and clearly has or shows interest in other people and more than you but you're blind sighted because of how much you want them... Over time you can tell because it will always remain the same.

How would you consider that?

• she sounds into you. you're playing it right though. she probably was unsure at first but since you played hard to get as well she is probably def into you. just dont seem too eager or nervous or desperate when you ask her out.

• I personally don't think she's into you/stringing you along. I think you're her rebound. She knows you're into her so she'll flirt back and use you as her entertainment, to kill time, and to boost her ego but I feel like the first opportunity she'll get she'll be in another guys face and once thats over she'll be running right back to you.

What Guys Said 3

• If she's stringing you along, then she will likely maintain a physical barrier (e. g. no kissing, platonic lean-in hugs). Bottom line is both have the same response. You are not dating exclusively. See other people and don't let her become your focus (even if you really like her). If she's interested in you, she will likely start initiating more contact (such as touching your arm for more than a second), she will even chase you a bit. If you keep chasing her while she is "playing hard to get", then it will definitely turn into stringing you along until she finds a guy worthy of giving her attention to.

• No idea mate

• Avoid either.