Dating somebody who is very flirtatious, is that a problem?

How opposed are you to dating a flirtatious or very friendly mate? My friends say that my new girlfriend comes off as sort of a flirt. I just see it as her being friendly though. How much of a deterrent is it and does it matter? What makes someone overly flirty and where do you draw the line?

• would be a problem
  • Would not be a problem

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on the individuals' perception as flirting. It could just mean your friends think she's hot and are secretly wishing she was flirting with them, whereas for her, she's just trying to be friendly and get along with them to make you like her more.

in my opinion If it means he's just saying "hey long time no see! You're looking good as always today!" and being interested in what girls had to say, I wouldn't think much of it.
    If it means he's liking every fb and ig pic of every girl he's friends with and he uses fb and ig everyday for hours and posting how sexy, hot or pretty every girl is, that would be a problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have a very attractive boyfriend or girlfriend, sometimes flirting is kind of a subconscious thing. They've just kind of excelled in life doing just that, charming people and getting the upper hand of the situation that way.

I have a friend whose daughter is a 7-year old girl and she's somehow already picked up on this kind of idea -- not flirting but she knows exactly what kind of faces and looks to make to make people give her attention and saw, "Awwwwwwww!" But she hasn't mastered subtlety yet, it's pretty obvious.

In those kinds of cases (your mileage may vary), the person may not be flirting out of interest so much as just kind of getting the attention they're always used to getting and being able to be popular, adored, again gaining upper hand of the situation. So while tricky, there are cases where flirting isn't necessarily a sign of attraction to other people -- it's a way of controlling them, and those who use it that way aren't necessarily the types to cheat.

What Girls Said 16

• It would be a serious problem for me. Flirting is disrespectful to your partner and I see it as cheating. All it does is open a can of worms and the possibility for things to blossom with you and someone else. It's obvious to tell who is a flirt so I would never enter a relationship with someone who was, however if I later found out they were flirty with people they would need to stop completely otherwise there would be a lot of conflict and we'd eventually break up. My boyfriend has about the same views as me on this, so we're both on the same page when it comes to things like this and there's nothing wrong with that. I would never hold someone to a standard that I don't even hold myself to.

• My Husband is a giant flirt, it's kind of endearing really. Doesn't change the fact that he is probably the most loyal person I've ever met but who doesn't like getting a little attention occasionally? For some people it's just a personality trait. I don't see it as an issue unless their partner is insecure or their is a trust issue in the relationship. But I guess I probably look at this stuff a lot different then other people.

• It would be. But I tired.

• I'm not remotely rhetoric jealous type, but I would find it incredibly disrespectful if my boyfriend flirted with other women. It's not that hard not to flirt.

• I wouldn't be able to do it, lol. I can't even be a casual thing for a guy without getting jealous about him flirting with other girls. Like, I just can't do it. Not who I am.

• The problem is that with time you will not be able to trust her and will begin to wonder if she's taking things further with guys when you're not around etc. She shouldn't be flirting with others if she's with you.

• There's a difference between flirting and teasing. They're the same actions, but one involves having romantic intent and another is joking.

I wouldn't have a problem dating someone who had a teasing personality. I would if someone had a flirtatious one. That's a red flag to a possible cheater.

• Hell yeah because all my very flirty ex boyfriends seem to think its okay for them to flirt but for me, they want to start a war. That is not fair. I am not a flirty person but if you insist on being disrespectful by being flirtatious then i will do the same in return to give you a dose of your own medicine. you shouldn't need to flirt in a relationship. flirting is just some ego thing and i refuse to date someone with an ego that constantly needs to be fed.

• My boyfriend and I are very flirty. Neither of us care

• It's a problem with me. I'm a prude when it comes to these sort of things

• It would be a serious problem. I went out to the movies with a guy and he filtered with the ticket handler. It was so embarrassing for me that the girl looked at me with pity.

It's a sure sign they don't give a crap about you. If your friends mention it, you should take it seriously. Sometimes we are blinded to those kinds of things. Your friends are looking out for you.

• Being friendly is like smiling and polite talk etc and that doesn't equal inappropriate touching which is something I wouldn't be okay with.

My definition of overly friendly = friendly 100% of the time, which is good.
    but if she crosses the line into potentially hitting on someone then she needs to understand the effects of her actions.

• If he's always flirting I'm gonna get annoyed and a little insecure. I can't deal with that esp since I'm not flirty or friendly

• I'm a flirt so if you can accept me being a flirt you have the pass as well 👍

• In my opinion if she openly flirts with other people in front of you - her respect for you and the relationship isn't very high. Long gazes with smile, lots of teasing, doing something to get their attention when you're with them, touchy feely - you will just know.

• I think it should not be a big problem, but you should definitely talk to her

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, that can indeed be a very big problem and one shouldn't date who are very flirty by nature, it can cause lots of problems later on if they happen to get into a relationship, so the answer yes it is a big problem to date such people

• Most hot girls are flirty, *shrugs* is all good.

• I think it's natural for people to flirt. There is such thing as innocent flirting. It doesn't bother me all that much.

• I'm not a huge fan of that. I don't know, I just feel like I'm worth more than that.

• Only a problem if they are flirtatious with everyone and not just me.

• Fine with me! When you're a catch like me, it's in THEIR best interest to keep it together. Get high value, and you won't have such fears anymore.

• I don't think it would be a problem if she's the only one he flirts up with and vice versa.

• THey flirt with other guys. makes you feel less important and they should be more considerate

• tell me, what is the reason you'd flirt with someone?

• No it wouldn't be a problem, if you trust someone enough you don't worry about it. A bit if casual flirting is fine if they are loyal

• Definitely a bad idea.

• It depends on your personal approach, I think. You seem to be cool with it so I don't see a problem.