What is a decent and sober way to propose to a girl?

what is a decent and sober way to propose a girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude, honestly, I think most women would be relieved if you didn't make a huge production of it. Ever notice, when you watch those videos, the women tend to seem more shellshocked than anything else?
    ... yeah.

Big UNANTICIPATED production is really really not a good idea, unless yr girl is the type who LOVES random attention from strangers. If she is anything short of that, honestly, she'll probably spend the whole time secretly waiting for the audience (and, heaven forbid, the cameras) to disappear.

Yes, most women love weddings, but that's a big PLANNED production. Planned for months and months and months. You see the diff, right? (:

Srsly, you can't go wrong with just going somewhere quiet, sitting down with her, and giving her a nice surprise. Which shouldn't be a surprise at all, if you've been doing this the right way.

__

Oh, and, for the love of sweet Jesus Christ child, DO NOT take a knee.

That's a sign of submission. She either (1) won't care, or (2) won't like it, on at least a subconscious level.

Honestly, with most women it will largely be neither here nor there. Few care about that stuff as much as I do (OMG dealbreaker here). But, it's almost impossible for that to GAIN you points.

What Girls Said 4

• Well first fix your drinking dilemma!

• Hopefully your girl won't see this question, because it comes across as unimaginative if you're thinking about doing it. You can't come up with a creative way on your own?

I saw something cute the other day where a guy had lunch with his friends and girl. He had asked some friends to come by and pretend to propose in the restaurant. He drew attention to them, got upset (fake of course), and then went over, took the ring, and proposed.

Something like that.

• Take her somewhere she loves to be. For say if she loves the park then propose with a cute way in the park. If you two have a special place you go a lot or a place meaningful to the two of you well propose there. Or I don't know if she loves music propose at a concert

• Do an elaborate fucking flash mob and get on the news.

Jk, just make her feel special and no matter what you do it will be an amazing moment.

What Guys Said 5

• I did it completely in private during an intimate moment, no public setting, no friends, just me and her and me pulling out an engagement ring (didn't hide it or anything in a way where she found it, no tricks).

It might not have been the most romantic thing, but I didn't want her to feel any pressure to give me an answer. Worked for me, but your mileage may vary.

It didn't give her much of a romantic story. Some girls might really dig that, like proposing to her at a football stadium with the camera focused on the couple.

We saved the fancy declaration of love for the wedding.

• Choose a place that is attractive and that you will be able to return to on occasion, as women like to do such sentimental things. Do not propose in public or with an audience. Tell her that you have come to know her and all of her strengths and weaknesses. Tell her that you don't need her to be perfect; you need her to stay just the way she is now. Promise her that you will be the best husband that you can be if she will agree to marry you.

• Do we know the girl or is she a stranger?

• Wait! Propose as in "ask out on a date" or as in "marriage"?

• Once upon a time, I started learning the guitar in secret for the sole purpose of proposing.

Never got around to finish learning that song.

• Boom box outside her house