Is It Strange At My Age To Never Have Had A Serious Relationship?

Hello!

So, I'm 24 years old. And, while I have had some interesting relationships and some not so easy ones, I have never really had a serious long term relationship. I have dating experience and intimacy experience. I just know, within a few months of dating a person, if I could see a future with them. I have been told that I'm an attractive person. I don't have a problem meeting people.

But, I also see my cousins and women who are younger, or even the same age, either seriously dating or getting married or having kids. I feel like I am at a place in my life, where I would like a long term relationship, but maybe not marriage...

So, my question is... Is there something wrong with me or am I just having bad luck with guys? Can anyone give advice on this, at all?

Thank you so much, guys! 😀 ❤

Most Helpful Guy

• I was 22 going on 23 before I had a serious relationship. I had two one night stands before that. I should've waited because I got into a six year shit with a sociopath. I have two wonderful kids though, but she's using the courts to keep me from them.
    Don't jump into one just to be in one.

• Thank you. That's a good thing to hear, from someone. I just keep thinking that after this jerk guy treated me not so well that he can change and be a good person. And, I know that he won't. But, I don't want to miss out on something that could've been good.

I'm just confused and know that it will happen when it's meant to. Though, this helps, also. Thank you. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't consider it strange at all. You're either having a bad luck with guys or you're terrible at picking dating material men. Or you simply have a fear of commitment.

• No commitment fears! Just have some bad luck with guys. My best relationship was the last one and it ended not so well...

Hopefully, I believe, that it will happen wheb it's meant to! :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• There is definitely not anything wrong with you!

I hate the myth going around that people who aren't married, never been married, and don't have kids at a certain age have something wrong with them. Because they don't.

Our society is family obsessed. If someone isn't getting married or on their way to getting engaged, all of a sudden there is something wrong with that person.

I'll admit, at 26 I wish I had someone in my life. It's certainly not for a lack of trying. But I don't. I've had bad experiences, and I have dated the wrong people. It's not always easy to tell the wrong ones from the right ones. Because sometimes the wrong ones are good liars, and deceivers, and sometimes the right ones hide their interest out of fear.

Some of us are not lucky to meet a guy and have everything fall into place. Some of us have our heart broken many times and go through so much. I'm one of those people. But I've always wanted to settle down and find someone.

Someday you will find someone. I am positive of that, and so will I. It's just hard watching everyone in your circle find love so easily. Hopefully they aren't acting like you aren't trying hard. I hate when people do that to me. Or when they suggest "Have you tried online dating?". Like I think I've been doing a bunch of things to try and find someone. Some of us are just not as lucky in love.

But please don't think there is something wrong with you if you haven't found anyone yet. You are perfect for someone, you just haven't met them yet.