Do guys prefer feminine/dainty/pretty girls over tomboyish/not so feminine/rough and tumble girls?

I had a hard time trying to find the words for the title. I do not mean to say that tomboyish girls are not pretty, some really are, but here I am meaning those who do away with make up and aren't always overly feminine. And feminine here means those who wear make-up, and quite a bit, daily and style their hair perfectly.
That said, I was wondering if most guys prefer the dainty, made-up girls (those who wear quite a bit of make-up, but not masses quite)?
The stereotypical 'jock' can often be pictured with this type of girl, but even the guys who may be thought of as different, like into alternate sports, history, things that aren't expected of some young men, are into the same kind of dainty, feminine girls, even though some may think they wouldn't be into that kind of girl.
So lads, guys, men etc., of all types with your varying differences in hobbies and interests, from metalheads to rappers and all in between and wherever, do you prefer the dainty, feminine type or not? Or both or neither? Please comment too.

• Feminine and/or dainty
  • Not-so-feminine and/or tomboyish
  • Mix of the two
  • Other/do not mind
NB: not saying guys cannot be into history etc., just that men who aren't into the mainstream stuff tend to have differing interests to those within mainstream. But again, not saying they do not cross.
Girls can vote, pick what you expect a guy would prefer. Or what you think you are 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys like tomboys who happen to effortlessly be hot.

Most guys find a girl's focus on her appearance on annoying.

The flip side is if she knows what she's doing, it pays off, and makes her more attractive. So they like the outcome, just not the effort.

It's a bit like girls i know who find it annoying when a guy is at the gym for hours a day and won't eat junk food or drink with them, but also like perfect abs and huge pecs.

Anyway, i don't know if you're trying to get a sense of how guys might see you, or wondering how you need to behave to attract guys. If its the latter, i'd say two things:
    - the main focus of your life should be doing things of interest to you, but that does NOT mean making some effort to be attractive is somehow not being the real you
    - if makeup etc. are not things you are intersted in, figure out how to get most benefit easily. Girls who spend a ton of time on appearance are spending a lot of time for very marginal improvement. The first time spent has better 'payoff'.
    - if you're fit but don't like girly clothes, that's fine. But you can wear relaxed clothes that still show your body shape, and guys will find that attractive.

• Very interesting to hear your opinion. This was in part for me and other friends of mine who are tomboyish and we see guys don't particularly like it. But that's our perspective, and those guys who are there.
      And I'm not interested in guys often because I am doing what I like, this question was really just to satisfy curiosity. But thanks for answering

Most Helpful Girl

• I dress similarly to the girl in DodgersGM's pic he posted and sometimes even a little more boyish, and a lot guys are interested in me. I don't wear makeup. Because I have coloring in my skin, I don't look "sick" or weird without makeup. I have long hair, but I don't really style it. I have "innocent" facial features, great eyes and good skin, so I have a feminine face. I am also curvy. My personality is "one of guys" but not to an extreme. I love sports and talk sports and click more with guys socially, but I'm not about to go out with guys and compete with them to see who can drink the most alcohol. So, really, like the comments you're getting from guys are saying, they like it if there's a correct mix.

My experience is, you're 21... and guys that age are more into how women look. The older I've gotten, the more guys have started hitting on me and staring at me, as a woman who has never dressed feminine and never worn makeup or done much to my hair (around age 25+). Also, having had guy friends, I've known guys who talked about how "banging" and stylish and feminine a woman looked, and then weeks later they'd have a problem with how high maintenance or fake she is in personality and not being a "chill" girl that's just cool to hang with or being too much drama. There is some sort of correlation, a lot of the time, and the more experiences guys have with girls the more they learn certain "types" of girls are a certain way and it changes what kind of woman they pursue.

I like women, myself, and I love feminine women. I am not saying I am better than them. But I don't pursue most of them because very few have the right femininity/personality combo, for me. For me, it's looking feminine but still being intelligent and cool and about more than how she looks/a good time. Most of the time, when I look at hot feminine girls who are done all up, as a 34-yr old, I think "vapid" or "shallow," not "I want someone like her." 21-yr old guys usually haven't gotten to the point where they think like that.

• Great response and thanks for sharing. Age is a thing to consider and this was open to all ages of guys and girls because I was expecting differences with age.
      I know most boys my age aren't as aware of what some girls will bring to the table. I was asking simply to gauge reactions of people, and makes me think I'm right in waiting.
      Again, great response. :)

What Guys Said 16

• Oh I love metalhead chicks. Not so much women into rap. Doing away with makeup is a bit too far. Why wouldn't you wear it? Free attractiveness advantage. I'd wear it, too, if I wouldn't be called a fag. I think a mix of both is best. Being both feminine and masculine, as it were. It's difficult to explain. But... GAH! I don't know. I like both.

• It was hard to put into words the way I wished. But thanks for answering 😊

• I'm totally cool with a tomboy-ish look if her mannerisms and personality are feminine.

For example, I love the girl next door look, kinda like this:

thehunt.insnw.net/.../...235132b668023674ff5b7.jpg

I've had GaG women tell me that this is tomboy-ish and, if so, that's fine by me. I just want her to have that feminine demeanor that I love so much.

• Depends on the guy. I prefer a rough and tumble outdoorsy active girl over a delicate china doll who wants to stay at home all day on her phone preening.

• Feminine girls get dated, no one is lining up to date masculine girls

• I like a mix of the two.

• I prefer the tomboyish and tough women😍
    Strong facades are sexy to me lol

• Yes I do. I always prefer a girly-girl over a tom-boy.

• Definitely prefer feminine girl. It doesn't mean I think girls shouldn't go to gyms, but I don't like the girls who appear I be to manly.

• I prefer them more tomboyish.

• I would like a mix of the two

• I don't care if she loves me :P

• I prefer the tomboyish chicks, but I'm sure most other guys would go feminine.
    But I'm Bi, so what do I know.

• Mix of more on the sporty side.

• She doesn't have to be feminine but I'm definitely not looking for a tom boyish type girlfriend.

• It depends on the on girl and how her personality fits my needs at the time

• Definitely tomboyish... simply becoz we'll have more similar interests... I'll be bored as fuck wid some gal who's interesting into "girlish topics" only or however they called... I'd have nothing to say at her and I'll get bored easily...

What Girls Said 7

• Most men seem to prefer the tomboy attitude but with the feminine look.

I'm a tomboy and guys don't like how I dress lol Some are ok with it, but most are not.

• Who cares what other people think they want or are. YOU are awesome just the way you are! Being anything other than you is a lie. If you have to lie to someone just for them to like you, are they really the kind of person that deserves you?

• Not really talking about lying or changing yourself (do not do that!), but great empowerment there LISTEN to it guys and gals 😊 - I'm more just wondering if there's a preference because I've observed it. Thanks for answering 😄

• I would have never considered myself a tom boy but with your definition I definitely am. I do not wear makeup unless a Holloween costume calls for it. I only wear dresses, heels or jewelery (including my wedding ring) if I am going to a wedding or soemthing really fancy that is being held at a hall of some sort. I don't pluck or shape or do anything to my eyebrows. Oh I also don't straighten or curl my hair and if it's long enough to pull up I never leave it down. Not to sound cheesey but if I'm going out with my girlfriend I wear what I was wearing all day (usually jeans and a cottom t-shirt w/ sneakers) , just slap on a smile (and chapstick if my lips are dry) & this girl is ready to go. Super low mantaince over here.

I personally don't think it matters what guys prefer though. At the end you aren't looking to become what they want but tryiong to find someone who will love you for you. Goodluck :D

• I've always been a tomboy and boys only see me as a friend

• I think a lot of guys like a mix

I'm more the first one lol

• I just voted mix of the two... because I am a mix of the two 😂😂

• I does vary. Mostly, I see my guy friends like a mix of the two. Only a small handful like the super feminine ones, and I think one or two really love tomboys. But I think there are more guys that like a variety, or it doesn't matter to them as much.