What the heck am I supposed to do?

Alright. Bottom line is that I really like this guy. We've known each other for about 3 years and I'm not really sure if we count as friends or just like... close aquaintances. We hang out but it's always in a group setting. He's really sarcastic. I'm really sarcastic. We bicker a lot and have been told that we would be really cute together. We got that a lot for a while and at the time we were just like ewww! So people knew not to bring it up.

Throughout the few years I've known him, when we all hang out I've found myself being caught off guard daydreaming about kissing him and having to snap out of it. Now it's gotten really bad and I've finally admitted to myself and some friends that I really, really, REALLY like him.
I get nervous when someone mentions his name. And when I'm even in the same room with him I get super nervous. And when I look at him I can't breathe. I'm 21 and this hasn't felt like this ever before. Yea, these things have happened before when I liked a guy but not anything like this. We don't really talk or hang out outside of Church or with our group of friends. I've tried talking to him like any other friend but I just can't do it. I get so nervous that I have to make up an excuse.

What should I do? I really don't want to have to come out and say it because I don't want to make things weird. Also, I don't want to hear him say "I don't like you that way" or whatever.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know, if he hasn't tried making a move and you can hardly breathe around him then it doesn't sound like there's much of a chance.. Unless you get a friend to show interest for you.

• He's also never had a girlfriend or anything...

What Girls Said 0