Why do girls tell me this?

They say if I was more confident I could get a girlfriend but my confidence would grow if girls found me attractive which none do also you can't be confident if your ugly

Most Helpful Girl

• The last dude I dated used to model, now he's trying to be producer and he was very attractive, but he was so arrogant and full of himself and just had a really crappy personality in the long run. We would actually get into arguments about the guys I dated because he said they were all "ugly" and that I was too pretty for them but it's not always about looks. If a guy is confident and funny I'm more likely to develop feelings. My suggestion is fake it until you make it.

• he can't fake it until he has the appropriate amount of self-confidence and rids himself of his insecurities. faking it now willl only be lying to himself and will further damage his confidence. faking. i tried to fake it till i made it, and i still dont think I've made it so am i still faking it?

• Yeah I definitely can't fake it I feel most girls are too good for me and that she would have to be desperate to go for me

What Girls Said 1

• Those girls aren't your friend.

• Yeah they are

• Friends don't bring people down. You might be ugly to her but you might be beatiful to someone else. Either way your a lost cause because well... u beleive everything these mean girls say.

• She didn't call me ugly she just said I need to be more confident to get a girlfriend

What Guys Said 8

• "If you found me attractive then I'd be confident. If I was confident then you'd find me attractive"

Ah the catch-22. The endless cycle of heartache, frustration, and confusion.

Girls want a guy who's confident despite his looks and how others may view him. A confident man doesn't derive his confidence externally. He does so from within. Girls pick up on this and begin finding him attractive. The onus is on you to break the catch-22 because you can't rely on girls to do it for you. You'll wind up disappointed if you believe otherwise.

• Well that's how I am

• Then thats the part that needs to change if you hope to succeed with girls

• How do I become content with never getting a girlfriend

• ahhh your a negative nancy.

true self confidence and security is found from within. if you need others to gratify you and boost your confidence then you are actually extremely insecure. When girls say confidence is attractive they actually mean security

• Well every girl I talk to goes confidence is attractive but they fall short of saying I look good

• thats not what im saying. you need to gain confidence in who you are and what you do before you can get a girlfriend. only you can figure out how. go do some meditating, get some exercise, find some inspirational music, read some fiction. it will come if you keep your mind off the negative with positive activities

• Confidence comes from inside you. You have to find it inside you. You can't seek confidence from others. Confidence is being indifferent to whether a girl likes you or not. It won't make you less of a person either way.
    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence" Read that over and over. Understand it fully.

• Build yourself and your self esteem will follow fuck what they think u won't die without a girlfriend bro.."if u build it they will come" lol get $$$ that's the quickest remedy to ur afflictions with the ladies idc if ur the most attractive dude in the world, if ur broke it won't last.

• Woah you sound so like me its scary!

• What do you mean

• Yep its true if I had a girl to call me hot to call me her man if would restore my confidence

• Yeah its gotta be nice to feel wanted, sure easy to think people ignore me constantly sometimes

• Consider this: You're placing your value on what other people think of you.
    Make sense?

• Ok buy that's important

• @MrMystery28 @Asker
      Good one
      It does feel as if you will get more confidence if what you wanted to happen did happen, you want a girlfriend but your confidence would grow if girls found you attractive.
      It doesn't quite work like that. When these girls say that if you were more confident then you'd get a girlfriend, and I'm confident that they left out a couple key words and the full context actually amounts to something like this: If you're more confident IN YOURSELF then you could get a girlfriend.
      You need, and I can't stress this enough, YOU NEED to be confident in yourself. You NEED to BE CONFIDENT in Who You Are, in What You Like, What You Don't Like.
      You NEED, NEED, NEED, NEED to be able to stand up for yourself, to be able to determine what is good for you and what is bad for you. You can't have other people telling you what to do, like, want, etc,,, then it's not your life but instead you become a tool to their life. At the very least put some thought in that, I have been there

• Who said so, we can be ugly and confident 8) Fuck bitches.

• Because they sugar coat shit