Why do I date and discard guys?

I really want to have one partner. Ever since my first boyfriend in high school broke my heart I haven't had a proper relationship. I only like to get guys to the point of really liking or loving me, then I get bored and look for someone else. Like, all the passion goes and everything they do starts to irritate me to the point I can't stand them and think that I can do better and that's when I leave. Does anyone feel or have felt like this and what can I do to change myself? I'm getting old and I want to start a family.

Now to add my friends do tell me it's because I was scarred by my first boyfriend but I don't feel like that we eventually left in good terms and its been 7 years for God's sake.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you just haven't met the right guy yet, the one who'll make you WANT to stay with him. Either that, or you compare everyone you date with your first boyfriend, and then dump them because of your preconceived notion that they can never be as good as him.

If it's the latter, then you are not ready to date yet, and like your friends said, you have a lot of soul searching to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you're afraid another one won't come along.

What Guys Said 5

• These are the beginnings of a misandrist.
    i2.kym-cdn.com/.../566.png

• Don't worry it's normal

• you enjoy being chased but once the chase is over you get bored... i see it happen lots of times

• you are the common denominator. its your old self that you got to discard and transform into someone else

• Passion goes two ways and it's impossible to fake. The best thing you can do it have an open mind as possible and if it's not there it's not there.

What Girls Said 2

• It seems like you're trying to protect yourself from the unresolved issues in the past: you don't want to get hurt first, so you hurt them and move on.

• Because you're a cold hearted woman