Should I cancel my date because I haven't gotten my paycheck yet?

I'm also a college student paying for my classes. I just feel bad that I don't have enough at the moment and my paycheck will be on Monday. It was suppose to be on Friday but it will be delayed for the first time for all of us at the company.

Most Helpful Girl

• Either Borrow the Moola or just Wait... Until Monday when your doe rolls in.
    Cancel politely and say that if it would be Okay, Next weekend would be better, I am so sorry, something came up.
    However, do it Soon with Backing out and Not at the Last minute where 'Next Weekend'... May never come with your "Put your money where your mouth is."
    Good luck. xx

• Ok thanks

• It's been postponed for next Friday.

• Ah, Wonderful, and happy to oblige, thank you for your own "Pay me this check" for the Vote of Confidence. xxoo

What Girls Said 10

• Awww I'm sorry... Stories like this make me appreciate the effort you guys put in on asking us out, and wining and dining us.

Anyway, to answer your question - the best thing to do Would be to borrow the money or use a credit card or something to pay for the date. If that is not possible, would you be able to pull off a Date that doesn't cost much? Try something Creative like taking her to the museum and then getting a meal at a charming yet inexpensive place?

Cancelling to me would be the last resort. It would put me off, unless there was a good reason. Do you the girl well enough to tell her the truth? I know that if I were in her position, I would understand...

• If I was going on a date with you I would want you to be honest that you hadn't gotten your check yet but not cancel the date. We could come up with something free or inexpensive to do, or hell I might even chip in if I really was into you.

• maybe ask a friend?

• Tell her what's up, she should totally understand. Yet I would still offer to at least take a walk or do something that doesn't involve money. That will mean the most anyways

• Just be honest and tell her what's going on. I have no problem paying for a guy if it's not an ongoing thing. If you cancel or make up some lame excuse, your date will think something is wrong with them or you don't want to go on a date.

• Yeah I'd cancel it! You want to have fun not worry about money! Schedule it for next weekend 😊

• Talk to the person and let them know

• Yeah I'd explain that and maybe ask for a night in with movies or something free so you can still hang out?

• Don't most people pay with credit card? I'd just do something else for the date but not cancel

• That's good , You are even worried about you not having the money , A lot of guys on here say pay separately for the first date. If you can keep from it , Don't do it. When you pay on the first date , It tells her that you really like her and you want her to have a good time. So in your case , Either borrow it or tell her your situation. Say can we postpone the date when my funds come in , And see what she says. She could offer to cook , You never know.

What Guys Said 3

• Ask her if she just wants to come over and watch a movie with you? Or yea cancel... Or I don't know a cheap date... I don't know man best of luck

• Thank you. It's been postponed for next Friday.

• I feel so bad for you, but what can you do? Just cancel/reschedule and if your girl really is loyal you won't need to break up but be honest if she asks.

• Just pay seperately. Just tell her your company delayed your paycheck so you'll have to rearrange the date.