Have you ever told anyone that you will never see them again and then changed your mind?

Have you ever changed your mind after telling a guy that you will never see him ever again and then initiated contact with him?

Update...
Okay since I am not getting many responses

@victorianna @sexyback @mustachekitteh @homper87 @blonde401 @kayver @bubbletrouble

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Once I cut them off for good, I'm over it and move on. It takes a lot to get me to the point of writing someone off, but I take those words pretty seriously. Now, if I were playing mind games, then yes, I would flip/flop like that.

• She has not cut me off completely, she said that we can talk and text with each other but she does not want to see me again. So what does that mean?

• She's probably going to use you as a guy friend. She wants your company, but doesn't want to see you again? That's using you for the ego boost. Now, if you like this girl, you should avoid getting hurt by simply cutting her off.

• That is what I did, I told her that we can only talk if we see each other again. I texted her that she can only contact me if she changes her mind

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, I have. I used to be this bitter girl who, when I'd get my heart broken or fucked over, I'd shut down and cut all ties with the person. I grew up since then and I realized that everything happens for a reason. Everyone will face heartbreak and everyone will face rejection and defeat. Unless this person murdered someone, I don't hold grudges. I've reconciled with exes who have cheated on me (I'll never date them again, but I also don't need to hate them for not being happy with me and resulting in cheating), I've reconciled with guys who, after I broke up with them, lost their mind and threatened to destroy my car, spread rumors, etc. because chances are, they grew up, too. I believe there is good in everyone. People say and do things they don't mean all the time; we've all been there. Sometimes we just need to take time to ourselves to heal or reevaluate which results in us saying not to talk to us ever again. Sorry for the long response but it is possible to reconnect and make up. Doesn't always necessarily mean they'll hold you to it for the rest of your life.

• Hey, I wanted a response like this... don't say sorry for that lol. The girl I was hooking up with said to me that she does not want me to visit her (we live at quite a distance from each other, different countries tbh) but we can text each other and talk about things like friends. I think I have said something to her to make her feel like I am insecure or something which has turned her off. I told her if she no longer want a intimate relation with me, she shouldn't message me, but if she decides to want that kind of relation she is free to message. So I was wondering if she would initiate contact after some time...

• Her behaviour is off putting and we are never going to be in a serious exclusive relationship anyway, so yeah I was thinking if contacting her is even worth it. I will give it another try though wish her on her birthday, and if she still hasn't changed her mind, like I have said it before to her, I see no point of all this

• Yeah, send her a birthday text at least. If she doesn't respond or doesn't seem to care, move on. So many other fish in the sea!

• Yeah. Specially when I'm angry, I can say those things. It happened lots of times both with boyfriends and with some friends. The times I did really mean I didn't even say it... I just never saw them again.

• Okay what if you said that while being calm and composed... and told the person that you would text them as normal people but would not want to see them again...
      Is there a chance that she would contact me again and want to see me?

• I think there's always a chance, but just in case, don't count on it.

• Okay it seems to me that she will never contact me again, these past couple of days her attraction towards me had seemed to completely fizzled out even though she would call me and text me everyday. It is over...

• Not really, but i am not sure in what context you mean. I guess some people might say that out of anger , due to their feelings being really hurt.

• Oh no I don't think she said it out of anger. She was pretty clear that she doesn't want me to visit her to her country, but we can only text each other as normal people... but don't want any intimacy I guess

• If you want more and she doesn't then you have no choice but to cut contact, unless you are happy to remain friends with her... knowing that is all it will ever be.

• Oh I understand it, I do want more and I am willing to take it slow and even as friends I would still like to be intimate with her like before, but she says that we don't need to be that way in the future

• Oh I'm always saying stuff like that. Mainly due to the fact that when I'm really angry or upset. I'm extremely impulsive and not thinking logically. So I will say I won't do this one thing anymore or talk to this other person anymore. Though after a couple of hours or days. Sometimes I end up caving in after I've calmed down.

Still working on my impulsiveness.

• Okay that is good to know, this gives me some hope

• So you think serious conversations and sharing things about your life should not be done through texting?

• More like asking them out or telling them how you truly feel for the first time should be where they see ur face.

• A guy once told me he never wanted to see or talk to me again and I didn't really care and didn't try to contact him but he eventually will text me even while he has a girlfriend and tries to get with me . But obviously I tell him to fuck off because of the fact he has a girlfriend

• Okay here in my case she told me that she will not see me again, but we can only talk as friends and text each other, but she does not want me to visit her (we live in different countries)... do you think she will change her mind?

• Okay that makes me sad... Why do you think she won't change her mind?

• Okay seems like you were right, even I don't think she is ever going to contact me again

• No, can't say I have. Usually when I don't ever want to see someone I won't.

• But if you said this to someone, not in the flow of emotions but because you don't feel the same way about them like you used to, would your feelings change over time and would you try to contact him again?

• Then you move on!

• Yup that is the plan, I mean there is nothing else to do

• Yes, I think I have.

• What if your attraction died for the guy because you thought he was insecure, would you still think that you should give him another shot?

• Okay thank you for your input :)

• I don't want to be a couple with her, but I do want to see her on regular basis

• No. Usually the guy is the one who keeps texting or messaging on Facebook and I have to ignore them or get dragged into another complicated emotional mess.

• What if you have been sexual with the guy before but now your attraction towards him has waned because you think he is an insecure person. Would there be any chances of re-sparking the attraction if he contacts you after a few weeks or months?

• No I've never even told someone that.

• No and if I considered going out I kept it to myself. Plus I'm usually in a dry spell when I think of the past

• I don't understand... have you given opinion on the wrong question?

• I just read the question assuming that I said I'd never go out with the guy then later changed my mind years later when he got hotter

What Guys Said 0