Guys, is it really all about looks?

Because I'm an ageing kinda cute but-nothing-special girl and I've still got it going for me :P
Guys dig me, I don't know!!!
Maybe I'm kind of hot and I just haven't realised it. But I guess they like my happy, positive relaxed personality.

50-year old women in my life have the same type of personality and men chase them a lot. weird!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well personality is more important but at the same time looks can't be ignored altogether, looks are also important. A person will be called as shallow if they place importance to only "looks" and ignore the personality aspect.

However if the person gives equal importance to both the looks and personality then I would say that person is highly intelligent and smart.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the type of person you're after. If you're trying to get a dude who trolls the gym and the night club, then yeah. It's all about looks. If you're looking for a connection with a mature and stable person, I would imagine it's less about looks. Not that they will never play a role (as I believe it's important to be attracted to your partner), but they're not the only thing most people care about.

• I see you have a strong bias you are advocating for lol

• @ConsultantIsBack hey man, 50 year olds that are still hanging out at the clubs looking to pick up 17 years olds are probably not the best partners for a mature relationship, hmm?

• Well hard to argue with that lol

What Guys Said 14

• It's never been about looks to me. I prefer a good personallity over beauty any day

• superficially, yeah.

the whole picture, no.

• I think you just had a revelation. Boys are boys, men are men. A 19yo is often interested in looks. Older men know better... What good is a hot woman if you can't stand her presence because of her rotten personality?

• Looks are important, personality is important, everything is important

• Its always about the looks. Even if someone is not actually that attractive the person they are dating sees something about them that attracts her/him

You don't have to be universally hot but someome has to see something about your look that keeps their attention

• Lol, i think if your 25 and under looks matter a lot. But once your past that age looks start to seem insignificant.

• Yeah, looks still kinda matter at your age. I mean you're still kinda young. No pic huh?

• Yes initially I won't look at you if I don't find you at all cute... But after that if your personality sucks... Then Ill change my mind lol

• It's a whole package deal.

• erm... yes?

• Not for men but its for women, they are just shallow that way.

• If you're not 50 I like girls that aren't THAT HOT (just not anorexic or antyhing) but have better moral values. Moral values is a big one for me.

• It's not all about looks. They do matter though. They're just not the only thing that matters.

• do you expect some more ego boosting and ass kissing here? you won't get any from me. on the contrary i'll say since you are closer to your death now, you should forget you old, childish mindset which obsessed with appearence and see what you'll do with your soul... .

• go for priest you babe :D saad you won't kiss my ass because im in my period :D you're still closer to death. men die sooner and penis stopsworking at 35.

• you are still a pre-teen mentally. bye bye!

What Girls Said 2

• Oh I hope not! haha!

• No haven't you seen posts here with women complaining about how average women getting picked over gorgeous