What do I do about my boyfriend?

I just started dating this guy. He is extremely nerdy and kinda awkward and definitely not the typical guy I'm into. But he's charming and smart and the relationship seemed to be perfect.
But he never texts me. And it's not because he's always busy but I have no idea honestly. And I don't always want to text him first because I don't want to seem so needy.
So this is how my typical day goes with him.
I'll post stuff on my snapchat story or Instagram and he'll look at my story or he'll like my Instagram picture but he won't text me. I never get to see him and he won't text me first. I don't know what to do. We've already had a conversation about it and he said that "I should text you more haha". But he barely doesn't.
And if anything. He'll text me at 7 pm and the conversation will be brief.
I want to ask him to come over tomorrow. But I don't know if I should and I don't know how to communicate with him without coming off as needy.

Most Helpful Guy

• You said he's kinda awkward.. some awkward guys aren't exactly social butterflies! Maybe he feels just like you and don't want to look needy so he doesn't text you.

What Guys Said 6

• He is probably introverted. If so, then you texting him most likely won't bother him and he may even enjoy it. I hate talking on the phone, but don't mind text messages at all. He may be like that with texts. Texting isn't that big of a deal. Imagine a world with out it. What would you do differently?

• Dude.. Is this what girls worry about? Damn... Lmfao... I hate that shit... Needy/desperation... I really do hate that shit it ruins so many relationships no one can just be themselves anymore... Text him!!! Don't sound needy just simply say... Hey you wanna come over tomarrow? lol wtf... Maybe he doesn't text you because he has no personality and doesn't want you to find out hahahahaha

• Umm
    Talk to him about this
    If he still behaves the same
    Then you know what to do 😶

• If he's extremely nerdy. He's probably not used to girls giving him a ton of attention or being super interested in him. So seeming kind of needy may not be a bad thing.

• I think you should assume that you're not being needy or clingy if the amount of texting you do is reasonable.

Rather just assume you initiate it because you're the more socially aware one. So it's something you bring to the relationship.

• You texting first is does not come off any more needy than when a guy texts first.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think you are being needy, you say he is nerdy and kind of awkward? He may just be inexperienced. Perhaps he has never had a girlfriend before so doesn't know what to do with one. My boyfriend only ever had one girlfriend before we were together and I don't think they stayed together as long as we have because she dumped him over "some random crap" or so he's told me. I seem to have the opposite problem with him - He will almost always message me first everyday but never likes or comments on any of my stuff, nor has he changed his relationship status but then I haven't yet changed mine.

Invite your guy over tomorrow so you can spend more time together, get to know each other better and maybe ask about the texting, explain to him you sometimes feel you are annoying him by mostly having to text first, perhaps you could suggest to take it in turns?

Hope this helps and good luck to you (y)

• Mm.. How log. Have you guys started being official with each other? Maybe get him comfortable being in your presence and get him comfortable with messaging you. He probably has no idea.. You an always give him some pointers, but don't attack him.. Subtle things like "I like it when you message me first" or " I really like talking to you a lot, we should do it more often" things like that.. But just slowly introduce him to it so it isn't to fast for him

• I think you need to leave him.

• its not being needy , in a relationship u need to talk , have no fea of expressing urself , cuz communication s really important in a couple , and u can't stand long if ur couple continues like that , talk to him about it ^^ and hope everything goes well

• Try to be with him more rather then txtin, he can gain comfortability n then maybe hell care more about u to text him, sorry if that sounded harsh but a guy who doesn't text doent care, n thats just based off of experience..

• Does he communicate well in person?

• It depends on what we talk about. But I usually have to start the conversation in person. But he told me he prefers seeing someone's face when he talks to them rather than text.

• I'm in the same boat as you. I could have wrote the exact same story. I just said F it and text first. He prefers to talk instead of texting though.