Is there any reason a guy would lie about having a girlfriend?

he's a friend of mine and he mentioned something about having a girlfriend, after some serious googling it appears that she doesn't exist. she's not at my university, she doesn't have facebook or instagram or really any form of social media.

Update: She is real

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to guess that you two are kind of on the skid or you just recently started talking again. Am I right?

• No, just class friends, he's in my clinical phonetics class.

• He could have noticed that you were interested, but he wasn't, so he made her up to protect your feelings.

• I doubt it, I have always acted the same towards him, Im pretty good at hiding how I feel. Anythings possible I guess

Most Helpful Girl

• He want u!

What Guys Said 6

• I've seen girls with 0 social media, but how'd you know if she's not at your university?

• our university uses a whole school system to post information, you can search people and find out their schedule and professors and such

• He trying to make you jealous? Are you hot?

• He's probably never had one but wants to seem cool.

• To seem desirable.

• He may be gay or trying to get your attention

• I have no idea why someone would lie about that. hmm maybe he's hiding something?

What Girls Said 0