Do girls not like guys who are going to join the military?

So I've noticed that in my grade all the guys who plan on joining the military can't get girlfriends, this includes me. It seems like someone will like me, find out I'm going to be a Marine, and then just give up. What's up with this?

Most Helpful Girl

• At 13 most girls are just fickle still. My husband is in the military. Up until him I never wanted to be with someone in the military. When it comes time to start your military career you'll find someone. It takes a special woman to be a military girlfriend/wife. A lot of women can't be separated for long periods of time from who they love. Also it's a dangerous job. The military is your number one not your wife. They own you.
    It's harder on a girlfriend than a wife. There is plenty more that can scare girls way from this life style but be assured that there will be a lot of women that will want you.

Most Helpful Guy

• A Skype call every once in a while (not even every day) is not the dream relationship girls dream for

What Girls Said 20

• Perhaps Knowing that their Future Military Man is going away any day, it doesn't sound like A... Steady Eddy.
    This can be a Turn of for Any girl to think that a LDR with a Great guy can end up A... No Try.
    Don't say anything right away today, let Them get to know You First before The.. Burst.
    Good luck. xx

• She already knows I plan on joining. All is well, so far

• Oh, okay, well, you are Only 13 so she has no fear, dear, but I believe if she were Older... Bolder in telling you she has some hesitations. Happy though so far so good. xx

• I wouldn't say not like them, just not enjoy the fact that they will be gone for so long and the if they get injured factor. Chick's are extremely emotional so expect tears and argument's from the decision to even join in the first place. Good thing is when he or she comes back you bang like rabbits lol (I'm a creep sorry ) my friend who is going to bootcamp this yr and his heart set on making it as a Navy Seal😢😓 wants nothing but that... but I don't want him to go. Hell I don't want anyone to go, but some people have a calling soooooo whatever. But they aren't thinking about the strain this put's on their relationship's with family and friend's.

• It is really hard being a military spouse and I definitely have it easy compared to most. Not everyone can handle the military life. Lots of long hours, deployments, not being able to talk about what's bothering them at work. There are also sadly a lot of people who also don't respect the military. You're also really young, so they probably don't have the maturity to respect the profession. You might not totally understand it or have unrealistic expectations about it yourself.

• Because it hurts being separated from the one you love.

• She's right. It's understandable that you'd have a harder time getting girl due to what she said

• Ehh, I wouldn't want to date someone who wanted to join the military.

• I grew up military so I know what's in store for me if I date one. I am ok with separation for a time. I wouldn't give up on him if he got deployed for a year or something.

• I don't like them. Just cuz they scare me.

• Maybe it has nothing to do with the military aspirations. Maybe they remember that you're 13 and dating is pointless at that age.

But seriously, it's admirable to want to join any branch of the military. It is sad to think of being separated from someone you care about though.

• My boyfriend is in the military, I personally don't see anything wrong with military relationships. It will be hard to find someone because most people do not want long distance and can't be away from their partner for a long period of time.

• You will date a lot of girls in the service. Don't worry lol

• Wait... You're 13? Do kids even date at that age?

• I'm trying to get a girlfriend for over the summer and Highschool, if it lasts. She's the only girl who respects my choice, she's also my neighbor

• I personally have never been to attracted to guys in the military. I don't know why but the connection has never been there

• I personally don't, it's just too painful knowing they will leave

• tbh i don't want him to.. cuz it would not work since we can't see each other much.. and what if he dies D: lmao jk jk

• Because I might not be seeing my SO for a long time, and you love that person

• I find them attractive and dreamy 😍

• I wouldn't mind.

• You're 13, that's not the reason..

• They don't want to be away from someone they love, however on the plus side once you are out of the marine you would be every girls fantasy ;)

• I think it's because there are more female pacifists out there than male pacifists.

• My dad is in the military and since my mom and dad can barely see each other and he goes away for months at a time the military tore my parents up so now that I know the effect it can have I wouldn't date a guy who's going to join the military. It'll just save me heartbreak.

What Guys Said 9

• Dude. Do you think a woman wants to fall in love with a guy who is going to disappear for 4 years? The answer is no. Only very special women can wait that long.

• Cuz they don't want the long distance relationship or they don't want to loose you to unfortunate circumstances kid.

• The long distance absence, uncertainty, and tbh, low pay in some instances, can be a challenging element in marriages/deep relationships.

• If you're one of those weird kids who only talks about joining the Marines, then yes. But you arw only 13, so dont worry about it.

• So I'll be fine. I guess it's working out, because someone likes me.

• Listen man, don't worry about girls. Any relationship you have will only last a couple of weeks at your age.

Start exercising, play a sport like soccer or football with lots of running. When you get older you will want to start lifting weights but at 13 you might not see a lot of gains

• i was in the army for 8 years. never had any problems getting women, they love the uniform.

90% of girlfriends cheat on their guys whilst they are on ops, so be prepared for that. My girlfriend cheated when i was in afghan, and most of my mates who had girlfriends were cheated on while they were away.

• Why would they your going to be busy for the next 2-4 years... See what happens when you get back... You'll probabaly be suprised

• The corps' training session isn't that long, is it? 8-10 weeks or somewhere along there?

• Yeah, and they only get deployed at a max of 7 monthd

• Mandatory deployment? Our military service lasts 8-11 months, I don't know why she's complaining about a few months.

• Dating is pointless at your age. Also, being a military girlfriend/wife is extremely hard.

• No, that isn't it, at my school they don't care, heck my girl and got together after i told her my interests in joining the army